If you are in immediate crisis, please contact one of the following resources.
For Students Only, During Business Hours
Counselling and Accessibility Services
Notre Dame Campus – D102
Exchange Distract Campus – P210
- Professional counsellors will assist current or prospective students in crisis.
- “Go to” resource for a student at risk during office hours (8am – 4pm).
For Staff Only
- Employee and family assistance plan, for RRC employees and their families.
- Simply dial the toll-free telephone number.
- When you call the EAP, be prepared to give your name and the name of your employer. Your name and any other identifying information will be kept confidential. Your employer’s name is important because it allows the EAP consultant to identify the specific type of service your employer is providing.
- Although LifeWorks does have a website, to access assistance in a crisis you must call the telephone number above.
For Anyone, Anytime
Crisis Response Centre (CRC) – 817 Bannatyne Ave.
- 24/7 mental health walk-in service.
- Will see people at risk of suicide or experiencing any form of mental health crisis.
- Staffed with crisis clinicians, psychiatric nurses, and access to psychiatrist/psychologist.
- Much more comfortable than emergency room (round room; calm waiting spaces).
Mobile Crisis Service
Phone: (204) 940-1781
TTY: (204) 779-8902
- Mental health professionals who will speak to you or a person in crisis over the phone, or visit in person.
- The person in crisis must voluntarily accept service.
- Service will not visit if person in crisis is intoxicated or has a weapon.
- For adults 18+ only.
Manitoba Suicide Prevention and Support Line
- 24/7, confidential, toll free.
- Call if you are
- Translation available in more than 175 languages upon request
- Call if you or someone else is immediately at risk of suicide.
- Call if someone in crisis is threatening, violent or in possession of a weapon.
Klinic Crisis Line
Phone: (204) 786-8686
Toll free: 1-888-322-3019
TTY: (204) 784-4097
- Call to speak to a counsellor
- Get help solving a problem
- Learn about programs or resources that can help you