Check out the new look for LEARN (Brightspace)
Good news! Our Learning Management System is getting a facelift! Starting in the fall term, you’ll notice a new look and feel for LEARN. Your courses will look more polished and modern than ever.
An improved mobile experience
The new user interface, called the Daylight Experience, was built with a responsive design. This means that it adapts to different screen sizes and looks great on laptops, tablets and smartphones. You and your students will find it much easier to stay connected and access the system from anywhere.
A new look and feel
Although your common workflows aren’t changing, you’ll notice some positive changes when you first dive in. These are designed to make the experience more consistent and visually appealing for your students, as well as easier for you to create and update your courses. We’ll give you guidance to make any updates that are necessary, and then you can sit back and enjoy how beautiful your course looks!
How your courses will benefit
Some of the changes that are being implemented to improve the design include:
- Simplified navigation design that is responsive for smaller devices
- Wider page layout for your content so that it’s the focal point of the page
- New fonts, icons, colours and simpler formatting of widgets provide a consistent experience
- Responsive homepage layout that works best with two columns
- New My Courses widget featuring rich photography in a responsive tile-based layout
- New image library with over 3,000 images that you can choose from for course tiles
My Courses Widget
The My Courses widget has been redesigned to provide a more engaging experience for end users. Course now have associated images and learners can access their favourite courses by pinning them to the top of their course list. In the mobile view, widgets now stack on top of each other, and the My Courses widget offers many new options to instructors.
The system will attempt to assign an appropriate image for the course, but instructors will have the ability to select a custom image from a large selection of available images.
The image associated to the course can even be added as an attractive header image on the front home page of the course.
This option is available under “Edit Course”, “Course offering information”.