Copy Components from Another Course
In LEARN you can copy from any course shell to another as long as you have instructor level priveledges in both courses. In most cases, you will be copying content from the MASTER into the new delivery shell.
- First, you must enter the destination course as you are going to copy content into that course.
- Click the gear icon in the upper right corner of your course (1). Click “Import/Export/Copy Components (2).
- To copy from another course shell including a MASTER course click “Search for offering” (1).
- “Export Components” (2) allows you to export the entire course or components of the course to a .ZIP file. This file is formatted to be imported into a LEARN course.
- “Import Components” (3) allows you to import the exported .ZIP components, as well course packages such as SCORM which may be provided by your publisher or other course authoring tools.
- After clicking “Search for offering” you will search for the course you would like to copy from, or simply click the search button to do a blank search for all of your courses. (1)
- Select the content you wish to copy (2).
- Click “Add Selected” (3)
- After adding the content you wish to copy click “Copy All Components” (1) to copy the entire course, or click “Select Components”
(2) to copy elements of the course.
This video will show how to copy components from a course MASTER, or import from a textbook publisher.
UPDATE: The easiest way to access “Import/Export/Copy Components” is to click the gears icon that is in the upper right-hand corner of your LEARN screen. You will access this once you are in the destination course for the content.
To access the captioning for this video:
- Move your mouse to the lower right side of the video window.
- Click the menu item represented by three dashes
- If captions are available, click “Show Subtitles”