LEARN is getting an update to its user interface! Starting in July, you’ll notice a change to LEARN’s look and feel with a cleaner interface, new fonts, and all new tile-based icon system for course access. Your courses will look more polished and modern than ever.
The new user interface, called the Daylight Experience, was built with responsive web design in mind. This means that it adapts to different screen sizes and looks great on laptops, tablets and smartphones. No longer will a student require a dedicated app to view re-formatted content on their tablets and phones. Instead, the interface will scale appropriately within the mobile web browser so you can be confident all students are receiving a consistent experience. With Daylight, you and your students will find it much easier to stay connected and access the system from anywhere.
Although your common workflows aren’t changing, you’ll notice some positive changes when you first dive in. These are designed to make the experience more consistent and visually appealing for your students, as well as easier for you to create and update your courses. The changes include:
- Simplified navigation design that is responsive for smaller devices
- Wider page layout for your content so that it’s the focal point of the page
- New fonts, icons, colours and simpler formatting of widgets provide a consistent experience
- Responsive homepage layout that works best with two columns
- New My Courses widget featuring rich photography in a responsive tile-based layout
- New image library with over 3,000 images that you can choose from for course tiles
We’re excited for this change and the improvements that we’ll see in the Learning Management System. If you would like more information you can visit this Daylight page in the Brightspace Community, sign up for an upcoming webinar or training session on the Employee Development site on HUB, or send an email with any questions or concerns to: email@example.com
For more information including an introductory video, please see this post on the TLTC blog: https://blogs.rrc.ca/tltc/check-out-the-new-look-for-learn/
The Daylight training schedule is available through the Faculty Development page found here: