The LGBTT* Initiative provides educational opportunities and resources to build communication, understanding and respect for diversity throughout the College.
Our LGBTT* Awareness Workshops offer an opportunity to students to broaden their understanding of sexual orientation, and gender identity and expression, as well as learn how to identify discriminatory assumptions from a personal, social and cultural framework.
Some of the learning components included in the workshop are:
- LGBTT* definitions, terminology, culture and history
- Differences and intersections between sex, gender and sexual orientation
- Impacts of LGBTT* myths and stereotypes
- Homophobia, biphobia, transphobia and heterosexism
- Issues and barriers faced by LGBTT* individuals
- Tools, strategies, and recommendations for affirming change
Workshop content can be adapted to specific students’ learning needs and professional field.
For more information or to book a workshop, please contact Bradley West, Diversity Initiatives Coordinator at 204.632.2016 or firstname.lastname@example.org.