As part of the LGBTT* Initiative and our ongoing commitment to diversity at Red River College we are accepting and affirming of various gender identities for our students, staff and faculty.
Within our LGBTT* Initiative we offer workshops, trainings and programs to increase awareness and understanding around gender and sexual diversity.
Our program application forms for the College offer gender identity inclusive options other than male or female (see an example form).
We have gender accessible or what some people refer to as gender neutral washroom facilities on all three of our major Winnipeg campuses as well as a number of our regional campuses. We are exploring ways to expand and enhance access to these facilities for all our campuses.
Red River College has identified the following eight gender neutral washrooms:
Notre Dame Campus
- Washroom located in C101
- Washroom located close to meeting room A137
- Washroom located in D 218
- Washroom located in E 318
The Roblin Centre
- Washroom located in P210
- Washroom located close to the Television Studio in W118 (Swipe card accessible only; swipe cards will be granted following requests)
The Paterson GlobalFoods Institute
- Washroom located on the ground floor between the Culinary Exchange Annex and the front elevator, close to the lobby/main entrance
- Provincial Office Building on the main floor in room 123
We are always striving to enhance and improve the experience of diverse populations at the College for our students, staff and faculty, please connect with us if you have any suggestions to further enhance our support and services.