This course is housed in Red River College’s LEARN learning management system, and features six 50-minute online modules, with accompanying resources and activities. Each module was created as a stand-alone module that can function as a 50-minute independent learning experience in the classroom or remotely, for individuals and/or cohorts of students. The modules are also linked so all together offer a 1-day learning experience.
The course includes the following modules:
- Module 1: LGBTT* Terminology
- Module 2: Cultural Considerations
- Module 3: Manifestations of Homophobia, Biphobia, Transphobia and Heterosexism
- Module 4: Strategies for Inclusiveness
- Module 5: History of Pride and LGBTT* Rights
- Module 6: College, Local and National Resources
- Additional Module: Becoming an Ally
The course also provides the additional module Becoming an Ally with self-reflection activities and resources for those participants that completed the previous six modules and would like to become Allies.
HOW TO REGISTER:
If you are a Red River College student, please register at https://blogs.rrc.ca/diversity/2016/04/gender-and-sexual-diversity-awareness-course/
Once you submit your registration, we will connect with you with the details on how you can access the course.
If you are a Red River College employee, please register at https://rrccc.brightspace.com/course/5/gender-and-sexual-diversity-awareness-training—staff
Once you submit your registration, you will automatically have access to the course.