The Diversity Leadership Award honours the courage, strength and determination of students who have come out as a member or as a supporter/Ally of LGBTT* community that is often marginalized, persecuted and or devalued and have shown perseverance, determination and or leadership capabilities in reaching their educational goals.
The Award acknowledges the acts of leadership & civil citizenship that exemplifies the best ideals of Canadian society when we honour the gender identity and or sexual orientation in ourselves or others.
One Awards of $500.00
SCREENING CRITERIA FOR PARTICIPANTS
- Must be a RRC student in a full-time or part-time academic program
- Have participated in the LGBTT* community at RRC or the broader community in some way shape or form.
- Demonstrate how they have undergone an experience of self-reflection; exploration and or awareness to determine their leadership strengths and find inspiration in their own life experiences.
Applicants must submit a minimum of a 500 word description of their story/experience:
- Their experience or connection to the LGBTT* Community
- In what ways they have contributed to the enhancing the LGBTT* communities at RRC or beyond
- How the Diversity Leadership Award will help them succeed in reaching their career and life goals
- All applications must be submitted by Friday, March 25th, 2016.
- All submissions will be evaluated by a panel and the successful applicants will be notified directly.
- For more information or to apply, please visit http://www.rrc.ca/diversityleadershipaward
Or Contact Bradley West, Diversity Initiatives Coordinator at 204-632-2016 or email@example.com