In anticipation of the Heart Smart Potluck Challenge, here’s a an idea for adding some zest to your potatoes, with a Mediterraen styled roasted lemon and rosemary potatoe dish from the Manitoba Heart and Stroke Foundation website. The site is loaded with recipes, so have a look and begin planning your February potluck.
Roasted lemon and rosemary potatoes
Makes 4 servings (1 L/4 cups)
Lemon is a fresh flavour that goes well with potatoes. Which makes this side dish an easy addition to any meal time table. Adding a touch of oil near the end of cooking helps brown the potatoes and adds a touch more flavour.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
- 750 g (1 1/2 lbs) mini red potatoes
- 50 mL (1/4 cup) no salt added chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) chopped fresh rosemary or 5 mL (1 tsp) dried rosemary, crushed
- 10 mL (2 tsp) grated lemon rind
- 25 mL (2 tbsp) lemon juice
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) paprika
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp) freshly ground black pepper
- 10 mL (2 tsp) extra virgin olive oil
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and place in large bowl.
- Add broth, garlic, rosemary, lemon rind and juice, paprika and pepper; toss to coat well.
- Spread into parchment paper lined roasting pan and roast in 220 F (425 F) oven for 45 minutes.
- Stir in oil and roast for about 15 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
Nutrition information per serving (250 mL/1 cup)
- Calories: 165
- Protein: 4 g
- Total Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Carbohydrate: 33 g
- Fibre: 3 g
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 12 mg
- Potassium: 642 mg
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2011.
Posted: August 2011.