If you are getting those “starting at a new school” jitters, here are a few tips to make sure that you start on the right foot:
- Visit our Student Success Web page at www.rrc.ca/success for great information on how to make the most of your time at Red River College
- Get your locker rental set up a couple of weeks before school starts (for many programs this is mid August). Locker rentals can be done at the Print and Graphic Centre (Notre Dame Campus: DM19, Roblin Centre –formerly Princess Street Campus: W104). This will also help ensure that you get a locker close to where your classes are held. You will be glad to have a place to store those heavy textbooks, trust me!
- Take care of your parking needs early. If you are going to be attending Notre Dame Campus and will be needing parking, set this up at the Student Service Centre a few weeks before school starts (mid August). Parking sells out so come and line up your parking at least two weeks prior to the start of school so you aren’t stuck on a waiting list. This can be done at our Student Services Centre, Notre Dame Campus (D101).
- Arrange for a campus tour before school starts to ensure that you know where you are going. Book a tour online by going to www.rrc.ca/visitwithus.
- Buy your textbooks and school supplies in advance. The Bookstore is located at Notre Dame Campus as well as Roblin Centre and they will have book lists for each program there.