ENABLE is an in-house leadership development program at Red River College that provides learning and development support to:
- Senior Leaders
- Existing Supervisors/Managers
- Newer Supervisors/Managers
Participation in the ENABLE program is designed to be responsive to meet the varying needs of RRC’s current formal leaders (approximately 140 in total) at all levels of career development.
The goals of ENABLE are to:
- Encourage lifelong learning for leaders and ensure learning occurs in a respectful and safe learning environment.
- Foster the leadership philosophy and style into the daily practices of all College leaders.
- Ensure competency development is aligned to the needs of College goals and individual learners.
- Address the learning and development needs of intact leadership teams.
- Provide early learning experiences to employees aspiring to a formal leader role.
- Engage leaders and other stakeholders in the College in providing input to the program’s effectiveness.
Current 2016-17 ENABLE offerings include:
Facilitating Difficult Conversations: New Approaches and Perspectives
- November 24 & December 8 2016, and February 1 & 14 2017
Leadership Styles: Expanding Your Took Kit
- February 15 & 16 2017
Emotional Intelligence (EQ-i 2.0) The Key to Effective Leadership
- December 13 & 15 2016 and March 15 & 22 2017
Facilitating Effective Meetings
- October 19, November 9 & 24, 2016 and Winter 2017 TBD
Managing Under the Collective Agreement
- February 2017 TBD
HR Staffing Skills for Managers
- Winter 2017 TBD
New Leaders Forum 2017
Managing Mental Health in the Workplace and Follow-Up Session
Additional offerings are also in development. Dates and details for all sessions are posted here as they become available. If you are interested in knowing more about ENABLE, please contact Carrie Schaepe, Staff Learning and Development Specialist, at email@example.com or 204.632.2043.