Here’s your chance to embark on a journey to an exciting and rewarding career with the Department of National Defence’s Materiel Group!
Is this opportunity for you?
We are looking for dynamic people, interested in a civilian public service position, to join the Officer Development Program within the Department of National Defence’s Materiel Group, in the procurement, engineering, technologist or technical inspector fields. The Program recruits eligible university/college graduates and students who will graduate by 31 December 2018 for full-time entry level positions offering the opportunity for accelerated career advancement.
Who are we and what do we do?
The Materiel Group serves the Department of National Defence and the Canadian Armed Forces as a central service provider and authority for all defence materiel and equipment programs. The Group manages equipment through its entire life cycle, beginning with initial concept, moving through procurement/contracting, maintenance and support and ending with disposal.
The Group is the country`s largest materiel manager and ranks as one of the largest business entities in the Canadian government. The success of the Canadian Armed Forces is intimately linked to the success of the Materiel Group. Products of defence procurement, materiel like ships, aircraft, trucks, ammunition, food, clothing and supplies, put military resolve into action!
The Materiel Acquisition and Support Officer Development Program offers successful applicants the opportunity to develop the competencies and knowledge required to function in one of these five streams:
- Purchasing and Supply (PG), a two-year, two-phase program;
- Engineering (EN-ENG), a three-year, three-phase program;
- Engineering and Scientific Support (EG), a three-year, three-phase program;
- Electronics (EL), a three-year, three phase program; and
- Technical Inspector (TI), a two-year, two-phase program.
What does the Program offer?
- Meaningful work that makes a difference for Canadians;
- Accelerated career progression;
- Continuous support and opportunities for professional development; and
- Opportunities for advancement.
Under the guidance of dedicated individuals at senior PG, EN-ENG, EG, EL and TI levels, you will be provided with solid leadership, personalized coaching and performance assessments supported by various developmental opportunities such as:
- Practical on-the-job training;
- Formal courses;
- Focused assignments; and
- Base and site visits.
For more information and how to apply, visit Civilian Career Opportunity – Department of National Defence’s Materiel Group