October 21, 2017 • Written by The Red Carpet
Do you have a project about clean technology to showcase? The 2017 Western Canada CleanTech Innovation Forum is looking for posters on cleantech research and development projects, as well as posters of a general nature on a cleantech topic.
Students will be eligible to win one of three awards. Winners of each category will receive a prize package valued at $500:
- Judges Choice: Cleantech – Research and Development Project
- Judges Choice: Cleantech – General Topic
- Audience Choice
Posters should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All poster presenters must register for the conference.
Deadline for poster proposals: October 31, 2017.
Full poster details HERE.
The inaugural Western Canada Cleantech Innovation Forum will be held on Nov. 29-30 at the RBC Convention Centre Winnipeg. The forum will feature keynote speakers, plenary sessions, technical concurrent sessions, and a special edition of the Green Dragon’s Lair.
Check out the event registration page here.
October 15, 2017 • Written by The Red Carpet
Are you a Red River College student interested in getting into the driver’s seat of an electric car?
We’re seeking a driver and backup driver to compete in the Shell Eco-Marathon, taking place in California, April 19-22, 2018.
The Eco-Marathon is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to race in an annual competition that sees student teams from across the globe building and racing their own cars.
- Maximum height to fit in car: 5’7’’
- Optimum driver weight: 120lbs (or less) in full race gear
- Must be a Red River College student to qualify
- Will be required to occasionally meet with the Red River College team
- Will be required to travel to the U.S. for the duration of the competition
- Will have to sign a waiver from the College and Shell Eco-Marathon
About the Competition:
What: The Shell Eco-Marathon challenges student teams around the world to design, build, test and race ultra-energy-efficient vehicles.
When: April 19-22, 2018
Where: Sonoma Raceway, California
Travel and accommodation expenses will be covered.
Deadline to Apply: Nov. 6, 2017
To express interest or for more info, email Matthew Brett at email@example.com
Selected applicants will be contacted for an interview and road test.