October 7, 2016 • Written by The Red Carpet
Red River College’s Roblin Centre will be closed on Tuesday, October 11 in order to allow for necessary work to the water main adjacent to the campus.
During that time the water will be shut-off and for the health and safety reasons classes will be cancelled and the campus will be closed to the general public.
Regular operations are expected to resume on Wednesday, October 12.
Red River College has been advised that this outage will not affect the adjacent RRC properties located in the Exchange District.
Classes, programs, and services offered at the Massey Building and the Paterson GlobalFoods Institute will carry-on as scheduled.
Summer Term is open for registration!
Whether you’re looking for summer culinary camps for kids, project management courses or business administration courses, we’re ready to register you.
Don’t wait too long as these classes fill up fast. Browse our course directory to see what’s hot this summer.
As a part of these courses you will learn about project, process, and team management, operational metrics, and key tools and techniques to achieve process excellence. The courses are developed to correlate to the American Society for Quality guidelines and are designed for individuals who are preparing to sit for the Six Sigma Green and Black Belt Certification exams.
Update your administrative skills with The Administrative Assistant – Refresher course. Take advantage of this opportunity to update your technical and professional skills to keep pace with industry trends. Network with other Administrative Professionals while addressing knowledge areas that include: verbal and written communication strategies, customer service in diversity, work-life balance, stress management and productivity, working with organizational goals, event planning tips, and various technical administrative procedures.
Register here: www.rrc.ca/refresh
Our courses will prepare you to manage the business of sports. Each course focuses on skills related to aspects of the Canadian sports scene and will increase your knowledge, understanding and skillset to function confidently in general administrative areas and specific sport related fields.
With a unique combination of business skills and a solid understanding of the sport industry, sports managers oversee pro and amateur athletes and teams; coordinate sporting events; and, work behind the scenes at some of the biggest sporting venues in the world.
Sports Management Fundamentals
- Learn the essential components of a successful sport program and develop the skills to plan, develop, and organize sport. You will understand how to develop and implement evaluation strategies to effectively measure your programs and competitions.
Sports Management 2: Managing and Motivating Staff and Volunteers
- Learn to manage volunteers in the sport industry by understanding the industry, legal and legislative requirements for recruiting, screening and selecting volunteers for a sports organization. You will learn how to evaluate staff and volunteers and develop training to meet their needs and the needs of the organization or event. Learn to develop strategies to successfully motivate volunteers and staff. This knowledge will assist in good volunteer recruiting and retention practices.
Sports Marketing and Media:
- Learn the essentials of marketing and media relations in the sport industry. Identify and create marketing strategies for sport and recreation programming, and develop marketing and media plans for your organization. Learn the role of the media person in a sporting organization and develop the necessary skills to meeting the needs of a variety of sports organizations through the use of public relations strategies and skills that will positively impact a sports organization.
For more information on these courses and credit transfer opportunities:
204.694.1789 or 1.866.242.7073 | email@example.com | rrc.ca/sports
The Professional Photography students invite staff, students & the public to visit the studio in FM65 (2055 Notre Dame Avenue, Winnipeg) to view their final portfolios during the following dates and times.
Date: Monday April 27th
Time: 11:30 am – 1:30 pm
Date: Tuesday April 28th
Time: 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Program information session:
Tuesday April 28th
6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Explore your education and career options at Rotary Career Symposium!
Meet with RRC recruiters and advisors who can help you find your path.
– Tuesday, April 21 (9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.)
– Wednesday, April 22 (9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.)
RBC Convention Centre Winnipeg
375 York Avenue
Rotary Guide is available here:
More details here:
Mastering the tools and techniques to take great pictures is only the beginning.
RRC is hosting an Information Session taking place in our Photography lab, located at FM 65 on the Notre Dame Campus.
Learn from industry experts to become skilled at digital imaging, processing and running a successful business in just eight months.
Meet instructors, get your questions answered, and learn about entrance requirements.
6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
FM 65, 2055 Notre Dame Avenue
Programs starts: August 2015