Who are the RED RIVER REBELS and how can I get involved?
- The Red River Rebels compete in the NIAC (Northern Intercollegiate Athletics Conference) in men’s and women’s basketball and the MCAC (Manitoba Colleges Athletics Conference) in men’s and women’s soccer, volleyball, and basketball. Tryouts are held in August (soccer), September (volleyball and basketball) November (futsal) of each year. Full-time students are eligible to tryout for these teams.
- Staff and students are encouraged to come out and cheer on the Rebels throughout their seasons.
- There are also many opportunities to help support the Rebels as paid event staff.
- For more information contact– Manager of Athletics and Recreation 204.632.3030
What is the commitment and where do you compete?
- Most teams practice 2-3 times per week for 1-2 hours with 1-2 games on a weekends. All regular season games are played in Manitoba and primarily Winnipeg
Is there scholarship money?
- Each team is allocated some scholarship dollars however the size and amount of a scholarship varies each year and most teams only award 2-3 scholarships averaging approximately $500-$1000.
How do I balance school, athletics and work?
- The athletics takes up very little time in the week so most of our athletes are able to balance the workload. In addition RRC offers students 12 hours of free tutoring and Rebel athletes have access to Academic Coaching to help them learn to balance a busy schedule.