For more information please click on any of the titles below
- A valid piece of photo ID (such as a driver’s license or passport) is required to purchase a membership.
- All members are required to sign the Informed Sonsent form at this link (informed-consent-2016-2017) prior to using the facility.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to purchase a membership.
Membership Fees and Application
Red River College offers the following membership options:
Students – a recreation fee is automatically applied to students within their tuition and fees at the beginning of each term. This fee is $10 per term. You RRC Identification Card will provide you access to the facilities starting on the first day of your classes.
Staff – staff have free access to the facilities with their RRC Identification Card.
Alumni – $100 for 12 months
Alumni are defined as: Individuals who have graduated with a certificate, diploma, post-graduate diploma or degree from a credited program at Red River College. NOTE: Apprentice students who have graduated prior to 2013 are considered graduates of Apprenticeship Manitoba, not Red River College. If this applies to you, please consider a Community membership (listed below) instead.
Alumni wishing to purchase a membership are required to fill out the application form. It may take up to 48hours from the time you fill out the form to the time you are able to visit either Student Service Centre to purchase your membership. NOTE: In addition to the annual membership fee, there will be a one time charge of $30 to purchase a RRC Identification Card.
Associates – $150 for 12 months
Associates are defined in College Policy H3 as; “Associate Groups” include RRC Board of Governors; RRC Students’ Association Inc.; RRC Early Childhood Centre Inc.; Manitoba Government employees, Commissionaires and employees of other companies or organizations assigned to RRC; and other individuals or groups as designated by the College from time to time.” Associates can take their RRC Identification Card to either Student Service Centre to pay the membership fee and they will then receive access to the facilities.
Community – $240 for 12 months or $90 for 4 months
Community members wishing to purchase a membership are required to fill out the application form. It may take up to 48 hours from the time you fill out the form to the time you are able to visit either Student Service Centre to purchase your membership. NOTE: In addition to the annual membership fee, there will be a one time charge of $30 to purchase a RRC Identification Card.
On the Notre Dame Campus the Student Service Centre is located in D101. At the Exchange District Campus the Student Service Centre is located at P104.
- You need your RRC Identification Card to enter RRC Recreation Facilities.
- Memberships are not transferable.
- Card sharing – You may not share your card with other people. Doing so will result in a loss of privileges for a minimum of one month
- Occasionally, certain facilities may not be available due to maintenance, special events, etc. Recreation Services will provide advanced notice whenever possible, but memberships will not be extended or refunded.
- Missing cards – We provide members visiting the NDC Facilities the opportunity to forget their card once per month. They must sign in. Should they forget again within the month, access will be refused.At EDC this service is not available as the facility is not staffed during all operating hours.
RRC Recreation Services membership privileges include access to our Notre Dame Campus Fitness Centre located in the North Gym, as well as the Exchange Fitness Centre located in the Roblin Centre. Membership privileges also includes access to the North Gym gymnasium for drop in activities such as badminton, basketball and volleyball.
- Please report lost or stolen cards to the Customer Service Desk.
- Replacement cards are subject to a fee.
Membership may be cancelled upon receipt of 30 days written notice from the member. Refunds will be given on a prorated basis from the end of the month in which the cancellation occurs.
If membership cancellation occurs before the completion of the initial term, a cancellation fee of $25 will apply towards a pro-rated refund of membership fees.
Casual paid parking is available at the NDC Campus on a first-come, first-serve basis. For more information on parking at the NDC Campus visit the parking website. At the EDC campus City of Winnipeg meter parking is available on the streets surrounding the campus.
Rules and Etiquette
- Informed consent forms must be signed prior to use of recreation facilities;
- Loan or use of another members card will result in removal of membership;
- Indoor athletic shoes, track pants or shorts and shirts must be worn at all times;
- Jeans / shirtless attire are NOT allowed!
- Proper athletic shoes are required, no open toed shoes, sandals, sock feet or work boots;
- Non-marking shoes in gymnasium only;
- 30 minute time limit on all cardio equipment during peak times; sign-up is required;
- All cardio and weight equipment must be wiped down when finished;
- Weight machines must be shared at all times; please yield to others between sets;
- Please show respect for equipment, facilities, and personnel at all times. Do not drop or throw weights;
- Bars are to be stripped of weights after use and returned to proper place please don’t drop dumb bells or free weight bars;
- Utilize spotters and collars when necessary;
- Personal belongings are not allowed in the gym or Loft (bags, clothing, etc.). Please use locker rooms;
- No gum, food, tobacco or glass bottles allowed in the facility;
- Personal music must be kept at a level inoffensive to others;
- Please report unsafe / broken equipment and incidents / accidents to desk personnel immediately;
- Unacceptable behaviour, such as spitting, foul language, use of chalk and monopolizing piece(s) of equipment are not allowed;
- Food or open drinks, other than water, are not allowed;
- Change rooms to be vacated fifteen (15) minutes after official closing time;
- Conducting solicitation for personal business is prohibited (ie. personal trainers);
- Only certified Red River College employees may conduct personal training sessions.
Mobile Devices and Photography
- The use of cell phones, tablets and similar electronics devices, photography of any kind, video recording or other digital image capturing is not permitted in any locker room or other change room area, restrooms, showers, fitness areas, or gymnasium.
- Permission for photography or video recording within the Athletics and Recreational Services’ facilities must be requested – and granted – in advance.