100% of any proceeds earned during the event will be going into a scholarship and equipment fund for RRC Student-Athletes.
This year we are hoping to expand our draw to 10-12 teams for the grade 9 boys draw and form 2 Pools + Playoffs. Teams will be guaranteed At least 4 round robin games (but the goal is to be 5 round robin games each if we can get to 12 teams) + playoffs.
This year’s entry will be $180 and all games will be played at Red River College in the North and South gyms on the Notre Dame Campus.
Round Robin Games will be reffed by College athletes and play-off semi-finals and finals will be reffed by MVOA officials
RULES & REGULATIONS:
- Round Robin within each pool
- Each match will consist of 2 25-point games (Cap at 25)
- 1 Time-out per set
- All teams advance to playoffs
- Games will start at 4:30pm Friday and 8:30am Saturday
- Best two of three; first 2 games will be to 25 points (Cap at 27). Third game is to 15 (Cap at 17).
- 1 timeout per set
- Matches won/lost between tied teams
- Games won/lost between tied teams
- Total points for/against for games between tied teams (points for ¸ points against, highest ratio wins)
- Total points for/against between tied teams for all games played in round robin (points for ¸ points against, highest ratio wins)
- Red River College Men’s volleyball will officiate along with experienced Refs
- ***Teams must supply their own practice balls and tape. Warm up time will depend on whether we’re on schedule. Please no playing with volleyballs in the hallways. .
- Canteen will be open Friday 4:00-9:00 p.m. and Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Teams will be invoiced the entry fee of $180 prior to the tournament start date by Red River College
If further information is needed, please call Scott Kirkpatrick at 204-803-4249(cell). We look forward to seeing you this year at the Red River Rebels Challenge
Yours in volleyball,
Scott Kirkpatrick/Terry Bobychuk
RRC Challenge Tournament Hosts