Position: Head Coach Red River Rebels Men’s Soccer / Futsal Coach
Red River College invites applications for Head Coach, Rebels Men’s Soccer / Futsal program, competing in the Manitoba Colleges Athletic Conference (MCAC). This is a part-time contract position in our Athletics and Recreation Services department, commencing May 2017 through March 2018. The MCAC competitive soccer season starts in early September, with training camp in late August, and finishes at the end of October. The Futsal competitive season starts in early January and finishes in early March.
Reporting to the Manager, Athletics and Recreation Services, the Head Coach oversees the organization, administration, and staffing of the Rebels Men’s Soccer / Futsal program. Responsible for all aspects of the collegiate Men’s Soccer / Futsal program from planning, to implementation and evaluation, the coach assumes a key role in the recruitment of student-athletes, team selection, practice and in-season planning/scheduling. A full job description can be viewed on our website at rrc.ca/athletics.
- Provincial B, working towards National B soccer coaching certification or significant soccer coaching and/or competitive experience.
- Satisfactory criminal record and vulnerable sector check.
- Previous experience coaching post-secondary soccer athletes, or coaching soccer athletes at least sixteen years of age or older.
- Previous experience with physical conditioning programs for the sport of soccer.
- The ability to help recruit student-athletes and conduct soccer selection camps and ID camps.
Superior interpersonal, teamwork, organizational, leadership, coaching, and technical skills are also required. Ability to coach during evenings and attend competitions (home & away) on weekends. Must have an understanding of post secondary education and the MCAC.
A $5000 -$6000 honourarium will be offered for this position depending upon qualifications
Interested applicants must email a detailed resume including all soccer experience with appropriate references. Deadline to apply is May 17, 2017
Manager, Athletics and Recreation Services
Red River College