Certified Athletic Therapist(s) for Varsity Sport Program
The Red River College Rebels are seeking applications for a Certified Athletic Therapist(s). This is a paid contract position. The Athletic Therapist(s) are responsible for the prevention, care, and rehabilitation of musculoskeletal injuries for the RRC Rebels Varsity Sport teams.
The RRC Rebels compete in basketball, futsal, soccer and volleyball in the Manitoba Colleges Athletic Conference (MCAC) and Northern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (NIAC). The season starts in early September and finishes in the middle of March.
There is an opportunity for this to be a shared position. There is an opportunity for additional clinical hours to service RRC staff and students.
Qualifications for the position are:
- Must be a member in good standing with the Canadian Athletic Therapists Association (CATA) and Manitoba Athletic Therapists Association (MATA)
- Previous experience treating post-secondary soccer, basketball, volleyball athletes.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends
- Must be have a valid Manitoba drivers license
- For therapist(s) who work with basketball must be able to cross the US/Canadian border
Skills and Attributes
- Well organized with good communication skills
- Self motivated with the ability to work independently
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
- Ability to oversee and supervise student athletic therapists
For additional information or questions please contact Stephanie Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested applicants must submit a detailed resume with appropriate references.
Please forward your resume to:
Manager, Athletics & Recreation Services
Ph: (204) 632-3030
Closing Date: Open until position is filled.