What you can copy
Up to 10% of a copyright-protected work (including textbooks), or
- a single chapter,
- a single article,
- a single short story, play, poem or essay from a collection,
- an entire newspaper page,
- an entire artistic work
- an entire entry from a reference work
Whenever using works protected by copyright, cite the source and the author.
Copying for Education or Training
- may convert short excerpts to digital for use in PowerPoint or other display format
- may store short excerpts on a learning or course management system such as LEARN
- may send short excerpts by e-mail to Distance Education students
Multiple Copies – a single copy of a short excerpt may be provided or communicated to each student enrolled in a class or course.
- as a class handout
- as a posting on a secure website
- in a course pack
Information prepared by RRC Library.