Here’s the deal… we know that 60% of staff and 50% of students are concerned about the environmental impacts of commuting. We also know that many staff want flexibility in their commuting options throughout the year and that 25% of students prefer to carpool to campus. For these reasons, and many more, Red River College is excited to introduce GoManitoba to students, staff and faculty.
GoManitoba is a province-wide commuting platform that matches you with carpool partners (drivers and/or riders) who live and work/ attend campus near you. The system also gives you transit options, walking and cycling routes, and matches you with commuting buddies. Students and staff have the option of matching with everyone on the GoManitoba site, or you can choose to limit your search to College-specific users/ ** Use your Red River College (rrc.ca) email address to ensure you get connected with RRC peers.
Registering and navigating the site is just a simple as creating and using your Facebook account, but if you need some help you can refer to this handy GoManitoba How to Guide.
Cutest air freshener I ever did see. Thanks Green Action Centre!
The free app can be download to your smartphone, tablet or desktop. GoManitoba works best when a critical mass of people sign on, so encourage your friends, family and colleagues to join. To sweeten the deal, the Sustainability Office is offering a $200 Commuter Care Package to one lucky Rebel who registers before November 30th. Green Action Centre, the provincial coordinator for this program, is also offering some ‘early adopter’ prizes for the first 5,000 registrants to the site.
Happy commuting everyone.
Launching GoManitoba is another way the College is promoting sustainable commuting to campus. Learn more about our plans and priorities by checking out our Transportation Plan.
- Please be advised the Northeast parking lot (NE – North Entrance off King Edward Street) has been designated a Pay & Display lot. Student and staff monthly permits are not valid in this lot. This lot will be available for students, who do not hold a monthly permit, on a casual basis.
- Students with non-power monthly permits may park in the North 4 (4N) lot and the newly created North 5 lot (5N) accessed from the Northwest corner of 4N lot. Campus maps are available online or at the Parking Office (D-100).
- Parking services is pleased to announce that the student Carpooling program will be expanding to the North 3 (3N) power monthly student lot. Refer to the campus map for location of the new designated carpool spots. To learn more about the carpool program, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Parking Services office located at D100.
- We have a new Citation Appeal process. If you feel you have been issued a citation unjustly, you may follow this process. The process details are available at the Parking Services Office (D-100).
- Effective August 28, 2017 the citation fines have changed. The cost of a ticket has decreased from $75 to $70. The early payment option has increased from $25 to $30.
- It is the responsibility of the permit holder to ensure the parking permit is displayed and unobstructed while on campus.
- It is the responsibility of the permit holder to ensure the license plates in his/her profile are updated at all times.
Should you have any parking related questions or concerns we need to hear from you. Please email us at email@example.com.
we are currently accepting student pre-sale parking applications until August 18, 2017.
For all the information on pre-sale, visit the Parking Services website at rrc.ca/parking.
should you have any parking related questions email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
enjoy your summer
As of Wednesday, November 1st, 2016, we do not have staff parking spots available at Notre Dame campus. Please visit the Parking Services office to have your name put on the waitlist.
We have a few spots available for the Roblin campus area. For location and monthly fees please contact us at email@example.com.
Don’t forget to sign up to automatically receive these parking updates.
For students with upcoming program start dates.
Please notice the parking lot designations below.
Student power lots (monthly power permit required)
Portion of West 2 (observe signs), West 3, West 4, North 3.
Student non-power lots (monthly non-power permit required)
North 4, North 5
Northwest, Northeast, East
The East and Northwest lots are reserved for casual/hourly/daily users.
The above named lots are on a scramble basis.
Faculty/Staff lots (monthly permit required)
The lots West 1, portion of West 2, Powerhouse east and west, North 1, North 2 and South are assigned to staff until 5:00pm.
Evening Pay & Display program starts at 5:00 with a fee of $2.00 for the evening. All lots are scramble after 5:00pm.
Should you experience issues with a paystation, please contact the Information booth at 204.632.3755 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome staff and students to the Parking blog.
As October 12, 2016, we have 0 student parking permits available and 39 non-power student permits available.
To automatically receive updates via email, signup via the link on the right-hand side of the page.
As always, should you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.