You might need a car, but don’t need your car. RRC’s fleet vehicles increase your commuting options by giving you access to a vehicle during the day.
How It Works
Are you a staff member who wants to use a more sustainable commute mode to the Notre Dame Campus but drive because you need your vehicle for business reasons (i.e. meetings, co-op visits etc) during the day? If so, the College has a solution for you.
The Red River College fleet consists of two Toyota minivans and a Toyota Tundra truck. These vehicles are available for Faculty and Staff use on a first-come, first-served basis for college-related activities through NDC’s Shipping and Receiving Department.
Advanced notice is preferred and will increase your chances of securing a vehicle, but last minute requests may be accommodated.
Usage periods outside of Shipping and Receiving’s regular hours can be facilitated with approval.
Reserving a Vehicle
To reserve a vehicle, follow these simple steps:
- Determine the date and window of time you require a fleet vehicle (factor in travel time to meetings)
- Determine if you have a preferred vehicle
- Contact NDC Shipping at 204.632.2462 to check availability
- Present your valid Class 5 Driver License – a copy will be made for the files
- Pick up vehicle keys and portfolio from Shipping during their hours of operation
- Vehicle keys can be dropped into the NDC Shipping mail slot if a vehicle is returned after hours. The vehicle portfolio can be left in the vehicle.
- The vehicle portfolio contains a gas card, accident report form and vehicle condition inspection report that must be completed before and after each usage
- Once the vehicle reaches a half a tank of gas, please refuel and submit the gas receipt in the portfolio upon return.
- In the event of an accident, notify NDC Shipping as soon as possible. They may ask you to take the vehicle into MPI to assess the damage and initiate an insurance claim. If the accident results in damage to another vehicle or property, follow the same process as a personal vehicle. Collect all relevant information on site (contact info, driver’s licenses of all parties; license plate numbers, date, time, location, witness contact info, etc.)
- Longer bookings may require a departmental budget code be included on each gas receipt during the usage period. This budget code will be confirmed by NDC Shipping at the time of booking.
** All radar and photo radar tickets will be the responsibility of the user.
- Currently there is usually at least one vehicle available more than 50% of the time.
- Based on demand, future available vehicles may include alternative fuel source and research vehicles.