TEDxWinnipeg holds a one-day event each year in Winnipeg, MB. TED is all about spreading great ideas and we don’t want Red River College Staff and Students to miss out… which is why the library will be live-streaming this year’s TEDxWinnipeg!
- When: Tuesday June 6 2017 – 8:30AM to 4:30PM
- Where: Notre Dame Campus Library Classroom
- Who: Students and Staff are welcome to drop in anytime between 8:30AM and 4:30PM.
- Additional Info: Available on the TEDxWinnipeg website.
Tentative Programme of Speakers
8:30 AM – 10:00 AM
- DENE SINCLAIR Indigenous Tourism
- MIKE LUND The Time of Your Life
- JOHANNA HUME Design Economics
- RYAN MAYBERRY The Future History of Art
10:00 – 10:45AM – Break
10:45AM – Noon
- SONYA BALLANTYNE If I don’t see myself, how do I know I exist?
- TATJANA BRKIC Social Innovation in Business
- JON WALDMAN Swimming Aimlessly: Getting Men to Talk about Infertility
- JOEL CARTER Storytelling at the End of Life
Noon – 1:30PM – Lunch Break
1:30PM – 2:45PM
- ALI SAEED The Barefoot Man is Coming (Warning: Graphic images & Content)
- RANA BOKHARI Leadership: Breaking Traditional Gender, Age, and Religious Barriers
- MIKE JOHNSTON A Synonym for Science is Poetry
2:45PM – 3:15PM – Break
3:15 – 4:30PM
- ALYSON SHANE The Positive Power of Digital Communities
- ANDREA KRAJ Smart Cities Begin With You
- STEVE LANGSTON Goal Smashing