UpToDate is an evidence-based, physician-authored clinical decision support resource which clinicians trust to make the right point-of-care decisions. More than 6,300 world-renowned physician authors, editors, and peer reviewers use a rigorous editorial process to synthesize the most recent medical information into trusted, evidence-based recommendations that are proven to improve patient care and quality.
How Should You Access UpToDate?
RRC Students and Faculty should access UpToDate through a special link located on the Library website:
- Go to http://library.rrc.ca
- On the left hand side of the home page access the link titled “View our Available Databases“.
- Look for “UpToDate” within the alphabetical list of resources.
- On the RRC instruction page access UpToDate through this link: UpToDate (User Account Access)
- When you first use this link, you will be asked to register a user profile at UpToDate.com. When you continue to use this link in future sessions, you will be automatically logged-in. Note, you will be asked to register a profile the first time you access UpToDate via this link. If you choose not to register the first time, you can always choose to register at a later date. Registering allows you to access the site via the UpToDate App.
Direct Access to UpToDate
Once a user registers a personal account with UpToDate they may continue to access the site directly, without going through the RRC Library website. However, after 90 days they will be required to refresh their eligibility for access by returning to the RRC Library website and clicking the link labelled UpToDate (User Account Access).
Using the UpToDate App
Individual subscribers can answer their clinical questions anytime, anywhere by downloading an App for iOS or Android. To use the UpToDate App on your mobile device:
You must first login to UpToDate through the RRC Library web site via theUpToDate (User Account Access link. This initial step is critical for UpToDate to link your account with access granted through Red River College.
- Register a personal account with UpToDate. Remember the username and password you have set with UpToDate. Note: The first time you login, the registration box will appear. On subsequent visits you may click the “Register” link on upper right of the site.
- Download the *Free* UpToDate app from your app store. It is available for both Apple and Android devices.
- Open the UpToDate App and login using the personal account you have created at the UpToDate web site. (See image on the right)
- You will be granted continuous access through the UpToDate App, however you will be required to refresh your eligibility for access every 90 days by returning to the library website and clicking the link labelled UpToDate (User Account Access.
Extending Direct Access Availability
Once users register an account with UpToDate they may continue to access the site directly.However, after 90 days they will be required to refresh their eligibility for access by returning to the RRC Library website and clicking the link labelled UpToDate (User Account Access).
- The RRC Library maintains an UpToDate Help guide. Consult this guide for the latest in technical information and troubleshooting information.
- You may contact Mark Nelson for technical support.