Student password help resources
Changing your password
To change your password at any time, or after you receive notification of an expiring password, follow these steps:
- If you are already logged on to HUB, refer to Step 1.
- If you are on the HUB log on page, refer to Step 3.
- Point to your User Name in the top right‑hand corner, and click Change my password in the drop‑down menu to navigate to the Change Password page.
- Proceed to Step 4.
- On the Problems with your account menu, under Change Password, click the change your password here link to navigate to the Change Password page.
- On the Change Password menu, refer to the Password Policy requirements, enter your Current Password, followed by your New Password, and then click the Change My Password button.
If you have recently changed your password on your computer but have not changed it on your mobile device, your device might be trying to automatically connect to the network using your previously saved password. This will cause the College’s network security system to lockout your device. To fix this problem, follow these steps:
- Forget the RRCWireless connection. Refer to the instructions under Forget wireless network – Quick reference guide on the Connect to Red River College wireless webpage for detailed information.
- Wait 35 minutes.
- Reestablish your RRCWireless connection using your new password. Refer to the instructions under Connecting to RRCWireless – Quick reference on the Connect to Red River College wireless webpage for detailed information.
Retrieving your password/user name & claiming your account
If you have forgotten your user name or password or are claiming your RRC account for the first time—DO NOT submit a Case Log—you can retrieve your account information using the following steps:
- On the HUB log on page, on the Problems with your account menu, under Password Reset and Unknown Account, click the reset your account here link to navigate to the Password Reset and Unknown Account Retrieval page.
- Complete the fields on the Name & Student/Staff # (Required) and Additional Information to Verify Your Identity menus, and then click the Next button.
- Record your College‑issued user name (if you are claiming your account for the first time), and under Reset Your Password, select your preferred email address in the Email Address drop‑down menu, and then click Next.
- Retrieve your temporary password from the email address that you selected in Step 3, and then log on to HUB using your College‑issued user name and password (refer to the Changing your password section for instructions on changing your temporary password to a new password of your choice).
If you receive the hub.rrc.ca says: warning message, confirm that you have entered the correct information into the required fields. If you are confident that you have entered the correct information and still cannot reset your password or retrieve your account information, you can contact the following College resources for further assistance (please provide as much detailed information about yourself and your account as possible):
- Use the Student Service Centres as your first point of contact for help resolving your password and account information issues.
- If you have contacted the Student Service Centres and still cannot access your account, contact Information Technology Solutions at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Please email ITS only when all other methods of accessing your account have been unsuccessful.
If you registered using the following Apply Online application, the email associated with your Apply Online account is the same email you used when you initially created your account. If you have previously applied for, and been admitted into, a College program, do not attempt to log on to the Apply Online system using your student log on credentials. If you cannot access your account, refer to the Student Service Centres for assistance.
Create a strong password
To create a secure password that adheres to Red River College’s password policy, refer to the information available on the ITS Help Resources web page under the following topics: