International Student Application Process
Before applying, ensure you have thoroughly reviewed the program details and admission requirements. For a list of programs offered to international students including the next available start dates, visit Academic Programs, Dates and Fees. Select your program of interest for program details.
Academic Requirements (subject to change)
The majority of programs require that you have the equivalent of Canadian Grade 12.
All transcripts and other supporting documents must be in English or French, or have English translations attached.
Some programs will require additional documentation once it is determined that the academic requirements have been met. For example: portfolios for the Graphic Design program, reference letters for the Early Childhood Education program, or entrance testing for the Aircraft Maintenance Engineer program.
English Language Proficiency Requirements (subject to change)
English is the language of instruction at the College. Applicants to the College are responsible for a level of English proficiency that is sufficient to participate in all aspects of College study, including lectures, practicum placements, reading, writing and discussion. See specific program admission requirements for details.
Where there is uncertainty regarding academic or language readiness, additional College admissions assessments may be required and assessment fees may apply.
When to Apply
Applications are accepted continuously and are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. We recommend that you apply at least six (6) months prior to the start of your program of choice.
Please review the visa application processing times on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s website prior to submitting your application.
How to Apply
ONLINE: the quickest and easiest way to apply! You will require a credit card for the $120 application fee payment and will be asked for your educational history.
STEP 1: CREATE AN ONLINE ACCOUNT
To create an RRC online account, visit the application website.
STEP 2: APPLY
Complete the online International Application and pay the $120 application fee.
STEP 3: SUBMIT REQUIREMENTS
Submit required documents to be received within 30 days of applying.
- Official Original secondary and post-secondary (if applicable) transcript(s)
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
- Passport Identification and Address Page
- Immigration Documents – If available at the time of application, please submit your Study Permit or Study Permit approval letter
Submit required documentation to:
Red River College
International Education Office
D210 – 2055 Notre Dame Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3H 0J9
Application processing will not start until all of the above documents are received and complete (including original transcripts and certificates or certified copies and translations, if required). Incomplete applications will result in your application being rejected.
What Happens Next
- Offer Letter: Your application will be assessed to determine if you meet the Program’s admission requirements. If you meet the requirements, and space is available, an Offer Letter will be issued and a $1,100 Canadian deposit is due within 14 days
- Acceptance Letter: A Letter of Acceptance will be issued when your $1,100 deposit is received
- Study Permit: Use your Letter of Acceptance to apply for your Study Permit. For visa application procedures, go to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s website
- Tuition Payment: A minimum $6,500 tuition payment is due 60 days prior to the start of your Program
- Study Permit Approval: Notification of your Study Permit approval is due 30 days prior to the start of your Program
Failure to submit required documentation and payments within the required timelines will result in the cancellation of your application with no refund of the non-refundable/non-transferable application fee.
Deposit and Tuition Payments
1. Online Payments
To pay online using MasterCard or Visa credit card or to confirm receipt of your payment, log-in to your WebAdvisor account (RRC HUB). When paying with credit card, a non-refundable 1.75% user fee will be added.
Note: If you do not know your user ID or password, visit RRC HUB.
2. Internet Banking
Pay online through your Canadian financial institution. Allow five business days prior to the payment due date for bank processing. If choosing this option, select Red River College – Tuition Payment. Your account number is your student number and the term (example: 0123456F2018FA).
3. Wire/Bank Transfer
Fees may be transferred electronically to the College. Allow five to ten business days prior to the payment due date for bank processing. Indicate your name and student number on the remittance form and e-mail a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Royal Bank of Canada, Main Branch
220 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3C 0A5
For Account: Red River College
Financial Institution 003
Transit (Branch) Number 00007
Account Number 154-895-7
Swift Code ROYCCAT2
5. By Mail
Send payment, noting student number, program, and term to:
Controller’s Office, Room C212
2055 Notre Dame Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3H OJ9
International students who wish to withdraw from the College or change their status must inform the International Education office. Refunds will be granted on the following basis:
- Withdrawals before the start of the program:
- Applicants will forfeit the application fee and the tuition deposit.
- Applicants who are denied a Study Permit will forfeit the application fee. A copy of the visa rejection letter from Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is required to process the deposit and tuition refunds.
- Refund requests are required within 30 days of receipt of the visa rejection letter OR start date of the program, whichever is earliest.
- Withdrawal within the first 7% of the term – refund of 100% fees less non-refundable deposit where applicable.
- Withdrawal between 7% and 25% of the term – refund of 50% fees.
- Withdrawal after 25% of the term – no refund
- Health & Dental fees are fully refundable up to 30 calendar days from start of the program.
A $100 administration fee will be assessed on all refund requests.
Students, who choose to withdraw from their program of studies, including those who choose not to return for an upcoming term, are responsible for the submission of a completed Withdrawal Form for Students in Full Time Programs to one of our Student Service Centres: D101, Notre Dame Campus, or P104, Roblin Centre, Exchange District Campus.
The effective withdrawal date will be the date the Withdrawal Form for Students in Full Time Programs is received in the Student Service Centre and will determine any eligibility for refund. Students are responsible for all applicable fees up to the date the withdrawal form has been received by the College.
Refunds will be processed in the same manner as the original payment method, however cash and debit payments refunds will be made by cheque, directly deposit to your Canadian bank account or wire transfer outside of Canada.
Change of Status
Students changing their status to Permanent Residents may be eligible to have their tuition adjusted for any future terms of study remaining in their program. Students are required to submit their immigration document or Permanent Resident card to initiate this adjustment and change of status.
Students who have been approved as provincial nominees are required to pay international student fees until receiving official Permanent Resident status from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
For more information about International Education at Red River College.
International Education Office
D210-2055 Notre Dame Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3H 0J9