All international students starting an academic program are required to attend an International Student Orientation Program. The International Student Orientation has newly been renamed and is now called “LINKS Seminar for International Students”. The LINKS stands for “Learning Inter-culturally: Networks, Knowledge & Strategies”.
Please visit LINKS Seminar for International Students Winter 2017 to submit your online registration. There are still a few seats available so register today!
During the LINKS (Learning Inter-culturally: Networks, Knowledge & Strategies) Seminar you will receive important information on a variety of topics including:
- Important things to do your first days on campus
- Scholarships, bursaries, and awards
- Information on basic needs such as housing, transportation, food and money
- Cultural adjustment to the College environment and to being a successful student at Red River College
- Information on programs and services for international students
- Opportunity to meet other students and staff and to participate in fun activities
- Opportunity to sign up for individual advising with a Student Integration Coordinator
Attendance will be recorded for these sessions, and lunch will be provided.
This invitation does not indicate the status of your application to your program at Red River College. Please also note that this session is in addition to any program-specific information sessions and orientations, which you must also attend if required by your program.
We look forward to welcoming you to our Red River College Community!
For more information, please contact the International Education Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.