Current Students

Welcome to Winnipeg and to Red River College! There are a number of things to do upon your arrival before you start classes:

Mandatory Student Orientation →
International Student Checklist →

Student Handbooks

Take a look at the student handbooks to get information about services, financial aid and policies at Red River College and in Manitoba.

Red River College Student Handbook →
Red River College International Student Guide →
Government of Manitoba International Student Handbook →
Red River College International Student Pre-Arrival Handbook →

Driver’s License

If you are a full-time student from within Canada or the USA you may use your valid driver’s license. If you decide to stay in Manitoba after finishing your education, you will need to replace your current driver’s license with a Manitoba driver’s license within three months.

If your driver’s license is not from Canada or the USA, you will need to go to a Driver and Vehicle Licensing Service Outlet and select a broker to visit. You must produce:

  • A valid driver’s license from your home country
  • A Confirmation of Enrolment letter from Red River College
  • Your passport or immigration papers

You will be given an offshore student exemption letter to carry with your driver’s license authorizing you to drive using your home country driver’s license.

Temporary Resident Visa

If you are a temporary resident in Canada with a valid study permit, you can apply for a new temporary resident visa to return to Canada before you leave.

Find out more about the Temporary Resident Visa →