Important Information

Letter of Acceptance – Additional Important Information

If you have received a Letter of Acceptance to one of our programs, please click here for additional important information.


The cost of textbooks is not included in the registration fee unless noted. Textbooks may be returned, if unmarked, no later than 10 days after the course has started providing that the books have not been used. If the books are wrapped and the seal has been broken, they cannot be returned. Non-returnable books cannot be returned.


Cancellation Policy

Before a program begins, substantial administration costs related to your registration are incurred; therefore, the following policies apply:

  • Full refunds will be issued if the College cancels a program or course.
  • For seminars and workshops that are less than 20 hours, no refunds will be issued.
  • For courses 20 hours and over, refunds (less a $40 administration fee) will be issued to students who wish to withdraw, provided that the Interlake/Peguis – Fisher River Campuses are advised on the day prior to the second class of the course. Requests for refunds received after this point cannot be considered.
  • For full-time Health Care Aide, Child and Youth Care, Early Childhood Education, Computer Applications for Business, Welding, Intro to Trades, Business Admin Integrated, Carpentry five-month Pre-employment, and Electrical five-month Pre-employment programs , the refund is 50% up to the end of the first week of classes. No refunds after the first week of classes.
  • Health & Dental fees are fully refundable up to 30 calendar days from start of the program.
  • For all other full-time programs, there are no refunds after the second week of classes notwithstanding extraordinary circumstances.
  • Students, who choose to withdraw from their course/program are responsible for the submission of a completed Student Withdrawal form to our office. The effective withdrawal date will be the date the Student Withdrawal form is received at our office and will determine any eligibility for refund. Students are responsible for all applicable fees up to the date the Student Withdrawal form has been received by the College.

Applying For Refund/Withdrawal

Students, who choose to withdraw from their course/program of studies, including those who choose not to return for an upcoming term, are responsible for the submission of a completed Student Withdrawal Form to our office.

The effective withdrawal date will be the date the Student Withdrawal form is received at our office and will determine any eligibility for refund. Students are responsible for all applicable fees up to the date the Student Withdrawal Form has been received by the College.

Refunds of fees that have been paid with the proceeds of a government sponsored student loan or by a third party will be issued to the lender or third party.


To withdraw from an individual course, click here.
To withdraw from a program, click here.

Transcripts and Certificates

Duplicate transcripts are available for a nominal fee. Upon completion of certificate program requirements, contact the Interlake Campus and request your certificate.


Students must fill out an Application to Graduate form, which can be found at Grad information for those students who have submitted the Application to Graduate form will be sent to their academic e-mail account. You can also check the website or call 204.632.2327.

Library Service

from the main campus in Winnipeg is accessible to all students. You can request books and other print material that will be mailed to your home.

Name Changes

If you have legally changed your name since you last registered at Red River College and would like your student record changed, please bring original legal proof of your name change to the Interlake Campus.

Transfer of Credit

Credit for transfer will be given if appropriate program requirements are met, subject to approval.

Credit toward Continuing Education programs may be granted for courses taken at other educational institutions. It is necessary to apply formally for these credits, supplying proper documentation. To find out more about application procedures, documentation requirements, and fees, contact the Interlake Campus at 204.785.5328 or 1.866.946.3241. Please allow four to six weeks for processing.

Challenge for Credit

Credits may be awarded for prior education and experiential learning when students successfully pass appropriate examinations/tests of the department. Students are required to complete an application form to challenge these exams. For further information call 204.785.5328 or 1.866.946.3241. See information on the Recognition of Prior Learning option.

Audit Option

A student may wish to take a course for personal interest and not for credit.  Students must meet all course requirements and must obtain written permission, prior to entry into course.

Disability Services

You are encouraged to identify yourself to Counselling and Disability Services well in advance of commencing your studies to ensure that there is adequate time to determine and plan for appropriate accommodations. Please call 204.632.3966 to make an appointment to see a Counsellor or Learning Disabilities Specialist.


The Interlake and Peguis – Fisher River campuses are managed by Darlene Bouvier. The Student Support/Administration person in Peguis – Fisher River is Don Wilson. Both Darlene and Don are available for any suggestions or questions you may have. Darlene is available to meet with clients in their home communities to discuss programs, courses, and custom training. Darlene can be reached at the toll-free number 1.866.946.3241 or 1.204.785.5328. Don can be reached at 1.204.645.4179.

Looking For Job-Ready Training?

Examine the benefits of our full-time day programs coming to a community near you.

  • Live at home
  • Save on travel
  • Affordable fees
  • Transferable credits
  • Small classes
  • Recognized certificate and diploma
  • Employment Insurance and Income Assistance clients may be eligible for financial assistance. Others may be eligible for student loans.