Three Diversity Ambassador positions are available for current immigrant and international students in full-time academic programs. Diversity Ambassadors spend up to 100 hours of time over the year to share their experience, promote diversity on campus, provide peer-support and assist Diversity and Intercultural Services to organize events and activities. This program develops student leaders who are committed to promoting diversity and creating an inclusive environment at Red River College.
Screening criteria for participants
- Must be a current full-time immigrant or international student at Red River College who will return as a full-time student the following academic year
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural, communication and organization skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Interest in diversity and working with people from different backgrounds and cultures
- Willingness to listen respectfully to different points of view and openness to self-reflection
- Commitment to following through on assignments, meeting deadlines and performing tasks in a timely manner
Ambassadors receive a $500 honorarium at the end of the program.
Program commitment involves a May-April timeline.