Frequently Asked Questions

How can I make my gift?

You may make your gift online, by fax, through the mail or by calling our office at 204.632.3031.

Does Red River College issue a charitable receipt for my gift?

Philanthropic gifts are eligible to receive a tax receipt. The minimum gift required to generate a tax receipt is $10. For more specific information, please contact the Development Office at 204.632.3031 or email

Can I designate my gift to a particular student award, program or project?

You are welcome to direct your gift to one or more of the existing student awards at the College. If you have a specific program or project in mind that you would like to support, the development staff would be happy to work with you to direct your gift.

Can I leave it up to RRC to decide how best to use my gift?

Yes. Undesignated gifts are directed to the College’s General Endowment Fund. The interest from this endowment account goes to support the College’s most pressing needs.

Can I make a gift in memory of, or in honour of, someone special?

You may choose to make your gift in memory of a loved one or in honour of a birthday, anniversary or other occasion.

An acknowledgment card or letter will be sent to the person that you wish us to notify about your in memoriam or tribute gift.

Can I leave a gift Red River College in my will?

Yes. The Development Office will work with you and your professional legal advisors to establish criteria that will ensure your estate gift is used in the way that you designate in your will. For more contact us at 204.632.3031 or