Students in the Digital Media Design program will use Autodesk Maya 2018 for animation class. As part of Autodesk’s Education Community program you will create an account with Autodesk and acquire a 3-year license for Maya.
Because your Autodesk Maya license will extend beyond your program at Red River College please be sure to use a personal email address when creating your Autodesk account.
Download and install Autodesk Maya
- Go to: Autodesk Education
- Under the header free education license products*, select Maya.
- Under I need an account, select CREATE ACCOUNT.
Note: Feel free to use an existing account if you already have one.
- Once you have setup your Autodesk account and have verified your email address, choose Maya 2018 and the appropriate operating system for your laptop and language, then select the BROWSER DOWNLOAD button.
- Once the download has completed navigate to your downloads folder on your laptop and double-click the .dmg and follow the instructions for installation.
- Once installed launch Maya 2018 and choose Enter a Serial Number when prompted.
Note: Maya will be installed under Autodesk.
- You will be asked to agree to the Autodesk licensing terms, then select Activate.
- You will be prompted to enter your Maya 2018 serial number. You will find your serial number on the Autodesk webpage where you downloaded Maya from, as well in the Autodesk Registrations & Activations email Autodesk has sent you.
If you have questions about this tutorial please contact Meagan Radford at email@example.com or the help desk staff in W508 – located in William building in The Roblin Centre.