Working with Richardson opens the door to a world of possibility. We currently have an opportunity for a Graphic Designer located in our Winnipeg Head Office. As a member of the Corporate Communications team, the Graphic Designer will help develop and maintain the Richardson brand across all platforms and manage the design and production of all communication materials for the company.
Download the details here: Graphic Designer Posting
September 8, 2016 • Written by Graphic Design
Designing Out Of Home advertising for our clients coast to coast. Pattison Outdoor Advertising is Canada’s largest Out Of Home Advertising provider with offices from Victoria to St. John’s and everywhere in between. Our head office is located in Mississauga, Ontario but our national creative department is right here in Winnipeg. We have a dozen designers creating concept to completion advertising for over 100 account executives and their clients across the country. It’s a fast paced environment with the broadest possible client base. Everything from local retail shops to multi-national corporations are on the menu every day. If you enjoy developing ads, this is the place for you. Having a good grasp of the English language is essential, having a good grasp of French is an attractive bonus but not necessary.
Location: Pattison Outdoor, 1 Portage Avenue East, Suite 100
How to Apply:
On the Web: http://pattisonoutdoor.com
Attention: Herman Bekkering
Pattison Outdoor Advertising
1 Portage Avenue East, Suite 100
Pioneer Avenue entrance
Winnipeg, MB R3B 3N3
November 5, 2015 • Written by Graphic Design
You’re an up-and-coming online superhero, equipped with Adobe’s Production Suite and top-notch language skills as your arsenal. You also have a breath of creativity, a radiant personality, and of course a soft-spot for pets and their care. As the Jr. Graphic Designer, you’ll work as a key player with the Petland Marketing & Communications team by contributing your artistic talent and savvy computer skills to complete projects in print and digital media, with special focus on content production for in-store branding, direct marketing and social media.
- Assist Senior Graphic Designer on projects
- Article Writing
- Content Writing
- Digital design
- Social Media Updates on events by region/market (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, You Tube)
- Community Involvement (Charities and Local Events)
- Contest and Giveaway Initiatives (In-store, online, social media, staff etc)
- Online video creation
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with and knowledge of social networking sites, blogs, video & photo sharing sites, etc.
- MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Strong time management skills with ability to multi-task and perform under deadline pressures with shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Availability to work extended hours, including evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Experience with Adobe Indesign and Illustrator
- Strong communication and language skills.
- Ability to work with a team.
- Project management and effective time management.
- Experience in all aspects of developing and maintaining marketing strategies
- Proven design experience
- Video production / photography knowledge.
- Knowledge of WordPress
It is our desire at Petland to make a difference in the communities we serve. For more than 45 years, Petland has been the retail pet industry leader in the area of animal care with ongoing staff training programs, in-store animal care systems and community service programs aimed at placing homeless pets and curbing pet overpopulation in the community.
“Our pet counselors are dedicated to matching the right pet with the right customer and meeting the needs of both. To our customers who already own pets, we are dedicated to enhancing their knowledge and enjoyment of the human-animal bond.”
Submit your resume, and cover letter (if desired) to email@example.com with “Jr. Graphic Designer” in the subject line. If called for an interview you will be required to a design test using Adobe Indesign.
Steinbach’s Three Marketing Inc. has an exciting Graphic & Web Design opportunity for budding artists in the Southeast region of Manitoba. We are a full-service marketing firm that offers web design and website development, graphic design, branding, social media management, marketing strategy and consultation, and ad campaign design to our clients.
We are looking for a skilled individual who is up-to-date with design trends and looking to invest in a career of communications.
Applicant must have extensive knowledge in using Adobe Creative Suite programs (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator). Applicant must also know basic HTML and have the ability to edit WordPress content. Applicant must be able to work with minimal supervision, show initiative, and demonstrate creativity in their work.
For the first few months we are willing to hire on a part-time basis, and once we know that the individual works well with our team, we will be interested in hiring full-time.
Visit our website at www.threemarketing.ca to learn more about the work we do and the services we offer.
How to Apply:
YOU MUST EMAIL A RESUME AND PORTFOLIO IF YOU WISH TO QUALIFY. Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct Focus is a growing and dynamic Marketing Communications firm in Winnipeg, MB. We’re looking to fill a Production Design position with an open-minded and collaborative team player who’s passionate about the technical details of design, layout and pre-press.
Who are you?
You’re a college or technical school graduate and have a solid book of killer concepts. Your attention to detail and typographic and technical skills are second to none. You have the rare ability to seamlessly multitask while exceeding client expectations. If you want to take your solid understanding of design and creative skills to the next level, then we’re looking for you.
- Layout design and typography.
- Preparing documents and projects for print production, packaging and publishing.
- Editing and manipulating images
- Communicating with account coordinators to navigate and exceed client requests and expectations.
- Managing your time and plan projects based on print deadlines.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- You are decisive within the scope of your responsibilities.
- Fluent in Adobe Arts: Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Well versed in shortcuts, pre-press and art direction. Attention to detail, writing copy and proof reading.
- Effective at time-management and meeting deadlines.
- Knowledgeable in Pantone swatches, colour theory and design.
- Understand printing processes and publishing specs.
- Work well with impending deadlines and in time-sensitive situations.
- Extremely organized and able to pre-plan to meet project deadlines.
Reply to Laura Hancock, our HR Lead @ email@example.com
Manitoba Hemp Harvest
Currently, Manitoba Harvest has an opportunity for an energetic Junior Graphic Designer to join our team in Winnipeg.
As a proactive and action- oriented member of our team, your key responsibilities are:
- Assist Graphic Designer in brainstorming and execution of visual solutions for Marketing and communication projects while maintaining brand consistency of work, including print material, advertising, POS displays, web and social media imagery and packaging/label design
- Manage and develop current and future visual marketing for the Agricultural department
- Create marketing material such as brochures, info sheets, invites and signage to support multiple departments
- Assist in the creation and editing of video production and photography
- Maintain and monitor design files on server/drop box
- Actively participate in learning new techniques and technologies relating to Graphic Design
Qualifications & Skills
Our ideal candidate is a recent graduate with a diploma in Graphic Design or an individual currently working in the Graphic Design field that is looking for a new challenge and possess the following skills:
- University or college diploma in Graphic Design or related field
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS and flash is an asset
- Strong knowledge of photography and video production, including the use of video editing software such as Adobe After Effects
- Excellent creative problem solving, analysis, decision making, recommendation, estimation, listening and time management skills
- You are innovative and possess multi-tasking abilities and teamwork skills, are highly organized and able to follow directions and work independently.
- You live for Typography.
More details available at:
Tactica is looking for a talented Visual Designer / UI Designer to join their team.
Tactica is an award winning interactive digital media studio located in Winnipeg. We create websites, mobile apps, games, video and social media content for client across Canada, US and UK. We have a great team and we’re growing, so there’s lots of room to develop your career with us.
If you are a designer with a knack for setting beautiful typography and is always looking to strike the right balance between simplicity, aesthetics and functionality we’d like to hear from you.
- Conceptualize and execute UI for websites, mobile apps, games and online ads
- Visualize creative concepts with Adobe Photoshop or equivalent tools
- Gather requirements from your coworkers and clients
- Collaborate with other designers, developers and project managers through concept, design, development, and quality assurance phases
- Work within project parameters including: client goals, internal goals, technical constraints, budget and schedule
- Stay current with use of design in web apps, mobile apps, interactive installations and social media
- Strong design portfolio
- Excellent understanding and passion for: typography, illustration, pixel perfect designs, visual compositions
- Proficiency in Photoshop & Illustrator
- A personal drive to self-improve
- A great sense of humour (seriously, it’s required)
- Video production / motion graphics
How to Apply
We love doing great work and working with motivated and creative people that are truly passionate about what they do. If you think this is you then please email a link to your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Interactive Designer Application”.
September 15, 2014 • Written by Graphic Design
Avenue 4 Communications Group
Graphic Designer – Full Time
Avenue 4 is a very busy marketing communications firm. Our range of customized services includes design, print, database development, creative programming, web design, social media and so much more.
We are seeking a highly organized graphic designer with experience in a marketing environment. Working with our team of creative professionals, this position will be responsible for concepts, design, layout and implementation of a very wide variety of projects in every medium imaginable. Being bilingual French/English would be a significant asset.
Send your resume; cover letter stating salary expectations; and, if available, a link to your digital portfolio to Brian Swinden at Avenue 4 Communications Group,1700 Ellice, Winnipeg, MB, R3H 0B1 or by email to email@example.com. No phone calls please.