November 17, 2017 • Written by Graphic Design
Manitoba Centre of Health Policy at the University of Manitoba
Graphic Designer – Office Assistant 5 (AESES)
New Grant-Funded Continuing Full-Time
35.00 hours/week full time hours; monday to friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Salary Range: $24.52 – $31.10 per hour ($44626.40 to $56602.00 per annum)
Proposed Start Date: December 11, 2017
Trial/Probation Period: 840.00 hours
For more information, please contact:
Manitoba Centre for Health Policy
204-789-3769 or Shannon_Turczak@cpe.umanitoba.ca
- Works with Lead Research Coordinator, and Deliverables teams to design and prepare research reports, summaries, and other material for print and digital use.
- Conceives and develops information graphics (e.g., charts, diagrams, maps, icons) for use in documents, presentations, and online.
- Provides design and implementation advice and assistance; provides in-house technical support when necessary.
- Acts as “Webmaster” for MCHP, designs and manages updates to the website (RedDot), and liaises with other MCHP website publishers to coordinate updates.
- Liaises with Marketing and Communications staff regarding Faculty design and communication policies.
- Contributes to MCHP Communications Group, and the implementation of the MCHP’s Communications Strategy.
- Keeps up-to-date with technological changes in the fields of design and communications.
- Collaborates with Communications Officer to develop content for social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Supports communications for knowledge translation events designing invitations, agendas and promotional materials.
- Supports development and implementation of Public Engagement Strategy.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
- Completion of a formal training program in Graphic Design, Visual Communications or a related discipline is required.
- Four years of directly related experience in a graphic design studio or agency, or as an independent contractor of design and layout services required.
- Experience working with both print and web platforms is preferred.
- Experience in visualizing data and creating infographics is preferred.
- Knowledge and ability to create accessible graphics and communication materials is preferred.
- Experience with RedDot and other content management systems is an asset.
- Experience with Java/HTML5/CSS is an asset.
- Training and experience in web design using new media (video, audio, etc.) and interactive features (flash etc.) are assets.
- An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be proficient in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, basic HTML, color theory, print and web design, layout/conversion optimization.
- Proven graphic design and print layout skills are required.
- Strong visual ideation/creativity and typography skills are required.
- Proficiency in web publishing is required.
- Must be detail-oriented and have strong problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills are required.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Must be able to manipulate and enhance graphics and photos.
- Must be able to communicate orally and in written form effectively, as well as to advise on, develop, and present informational materials.
- Must be able to parse information and convey it in a meaningful and creative way.
- Must be able to transform scientific data into graphical design for a variety of audiences.
- Must be able to make sound independent judgments.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and also independently.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with various levels of internal and external contacts.
- Satisfactory work record, including satisfactory attendance and punctuality, is required.
Interested individuals may apply via the UM recruitment website here: http://umanitoba.ca/admin/human_resources/employment/employment_opportunities.html
Note: For quick access to this job posting, search for the requisition number: 00440
November 14, 2017 • Written by Graphic Design
RE/MAX PROFESSIONALS is one of the top real estate offices in Manitoba. RE/MAX PROFESSIONALS, Agent Marketing Services, provides marketing services for their agents and their clients.
To provide the sales associates with results oriented advertising designed to meet their objectives and help promote themselves in the real estate industry.
To use the marketing media currently available, by offering timely and quality marketing solutions.
- Design and create business cards, feature sheets, post cards, flyers, door hangers, and water bottle labels for the residential and commercial real estate markets
- Coordinate all newspaper, media and internet advertising for sales associates and in house office projects
- Operation and maintenance of all printing/coping/mailing equipment
- Design and create special projects for sales associates and office projects
- A diploma or certificate in Graphic Design
- Have experience with Adobe Creative Suite products (InDesign,Illustrator, Photoshop etc.) and Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook etc.)
- Good grammar and spelling
- Social media experience
- Combination of work experience and education (minimum 2 years)
- Photography experience is an asset
- Be able to work one on one with realtors and staff
- A strong design sense with outstanding typographic skills and keen eye for details
- The ability to work in a busy environment that has defined commitments and deadlines
- Be able to offer creative insight for future projects both corporate and individual
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please send an email entitled “Graphic Designer Application” with your resume , cover letter, salary expectations and portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those resumes being considered for interview will be contacted.
Required immediately 1 full time position
September 21, 2017 • Written by Graphic Design
The Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra (WSO) is in the business of creating exceptional musical experiences for Manitobans. The work culture is creative and collaborative, fostering a positive, problem-solving environment. The ideal candidate will bring passion and energy to the position.
This is a role for a well-rounded designer capable of designing for both digital and traditional print products. Reporting directly to the VP Marketing & Sponsorship, the web designer will be responsible for maintaining and updating wso.ca and wnmf.ca and delivering a variety of print pieces including concert posters, postcards, festival brochures and other pieces as necessary.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Good knowledge of current and emerging design trends
- Strong applied knowledge of typography, colour, texture, photographic image and shape
- Ability to design for different target audience tastes and needs
- Strong understanding of web design standards, responsive design, and UI/UX principles
- Knowledge of MySQL an asset
The ideal candidate will:
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and find multiple deadlines energizing
- Be organized and efficient with time management
- Able to support colleagues in multiple departments to achieve their design needs
- Have an appreciation for the arts and music
Salary & Benefits:
- The position offers a salary commensurate with experience
- The position is eligible for an extended benefits package
Send a resume, portfolio and cover letter explaining your interest and fit for this job to email@example.com
The position will remain open until the ideal candidate is found
August 29, 2017 • Written by Graphic Design
You are a Graphic Designer with 2-3 years’ experience, seeking an exciting career with a growing industry leader. You have a passion for making your ideas come to life while contributing to a wide variety of innovative projects. Are you up for the challenge?
DMT offers its employees the opportunity to have their voices heard while working on award-winning automotive software solutions for global manufacturers and dealerships. Our casual yet professional work environment provides a fun and challenging atmosphere and the opportunity to collaborate with some of the best minds in the industry.
We are committed to our team’s ongoing learning and continuous career growth and offer a competitive compensation package including comprehensive benefits, a company matched RRSP, flexible work schedule, and exciting team events.
The position involves…
- Designing and implementation of highest quality designs for the automotive industry, as well as for our in-house marketing needs
- Designing mostly web/application graphics with some print design all which involve producing: concepts, layouts, graphics and animations for websites and software applications, brochures, posters, and presentation graphics
- Work closely with a development team to provide graphics and animation files in the most efficient method for implementation
- Test projects locally, in test environments, and production to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Excellent creative problem solving, analysis, decision making, recommendation, estimation, and time management skills
- High attention to detail, proof reading, and quality assurance of creative assets in all client required platforms and environments
- Provide task time estimation to the Creative Technology Manager for design projects, with guidance from other team members if needed
- Review designs with Creative Technology Manager in preparation for final review as required.
- Actively participate in learning new techniques and technologies relating to Graphic Design.
- Documentation of graphic maintenance tasks
Our ideal candidate …
- Possesses a College Diploma or University Degree in Graphic Design
- Has 2-5 years of industry experience
- Has web design or application design experience
- Has in-depth knowledge of Adobe software specifically: Photoshop, Illustrator, Edge, InDesign, Acrobat, Premier, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Has experience with HTML, and CSS
- Has experience with image compression and SEO standards
- Has excellent organization, communication and listening skills
- Has excellent time management skills
- Is self-motivated; able to work well on their own and within a team environment
- Demonstrates a passion for continuous learning and improvement
- Bilingual-French (an asset, not required)
- Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
If you are ready for the challenge, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can make a difference at DMT!
Not all artists are starving…
Sometimes you just want to have your cake and eat it too! Brandt is looking for an up-and-coming graphic designer with a serious appetite for great design, who also values excellent wages, an extensive benefits package, travel opportunities, continued education and room for career advancement. You will work as part of a strong in-house Branding and Creative Services team on a diverse range of projects from corporate and marketing collateral and events materials to large format graphics, print and online advertising and video.
To succeed at Brandt, you’ll need…
- A strong working knowledge of graphic design fundamentals.
- The highest level of attention to detail, coupled with your stellar creative abilities.
- Expert skills in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop on a Mac platform. (Knowledge of Microsoft Office, After-Effects, Premiere, and Sketchup will be an advantage.)
- The ability to manage a diverse workload.
- A diploma or undergraduate degree in Graphic Design and/or relevant experience.
View the complete job description at:
To apply, please send your resume and work samples to email@example.com