Working with Richardson opens the door to a world of possibility. We currently have an opportunity for a Graphic Designer located in our Winnipeg Head Office. As a member of the Corporate Communications team, the Graphic Designer will help develop and maintain the Richardson brand across all platforms and manage the design and production of all communication materials for the company.
Download the details here: Graphic Designer Posting
McKay Publications Ltd. is looking for a creative and talented graphic designer interested in print and web design to join our team in Moosomin, Saskatchewan.
We are a growing company that publishes the weekly World-Spectator, Saskatchewan’s most award-winning community newspaper, and Plain and Valley, which covers southeast Saskatchewan and southwest Manitoba. We also do commercial printing and web design. We work a bright and spacious location, where you will be working with Adobe Creative Cloud software.
Your role would be working with clients to create advertisements, print products and webpages that work for them. Good communication skills and the ability to work well with the public and coworkers is important.
We offer a competitive salary and company-paid health and dental group insurance.
Moosomin is a growing community of 3,200 people on the Trans-Canada highway, a two hour drive east of Regina, Saskatchewan, and a 90-minute drive west of Brandon, Manitoba. We’re in a beautiful area of the Prairies with Moosomin Lake 10 minutes away, Moose Mountain provincial park an hour’s drive, and Riding Mountain National Park a 90-minute drive.
Please send a resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHO WE ARE:
Ricki’s…Fashion That Works!
Established in 1939, with more than 130 locations across Canada, Ricki’s is the destination for fashionable and versatile workwear. Ricki’s caters to the younger working woman whose lifestyle demands versatility in her wardrobe and who desires a fun, easy to shop environment. She expects put together looks which translate fashion trends in ways that are current and appropriate for her lifestyle. We carry everything from suiting options to great mix and match pieces, jeans, tees, and more. And by offering great fashion in sizes 0-18 and pants in multiple lengths, we’re sure to find your perfect fit!
Prefer to shop online? Our online store offers specialty lines like our long 34″and extra long 36″ inseam pants, as well as the hottest trends in casual wear and web exclusives!
Passion – believes in our brand, loves fashion
Drive Results– deliver results through motivation, inspiration and accountability
Personal Leadership – trust, integrity, respect, fosters collaboration, initiative
End Poverty in Women – believe in the power of women, community involvement
The Career Opportunity:
We are seeking experienced Graphic Designer to join Ricki’s Home Office located in Winnipeg.
If you’re an creative, passionate, driven person who is all about the details, then a career as an graphic designer might make an exciting and fitting goal for you!
The Graphic Designer will join our Graphics team within the Marketing Department – with primary responsibilities in web/digital design. You have a passion for retail, the fashion industry, digital marketing, and new trends and ideas in graphic design.
GREAT DESIGN/ INFLUENCE:
- Create compelling and consistent web & print collateral that reflects current brand guidelines (may include store signage, email marketing, website creative, social media graphics, etc.).
- Update existing web & print collateral – keeping content fresh, timely, accurate, and relevant.
- Manage design projects from inception to completion.
- Partner effectively with all team members, in house partners/stakeholders, and vendors.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop seasonal, monthly, and weekly goals and priorities.
- Actively participate in cross-functional team meetings.
- Work in an organized manner – using and maintaining supplied tools and archiving work appropriately.
GREAT BUSINESS / RESULTS ORIENTED:
- Enthusiastic, creative individual who can produce high quality work under tight timelines, while maintaining a consistent on-brand look and feel.
- Detail oriented, and skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking – constantly looking for ways to do more and better work.
- Motivated to balance design aesthetic with speed of delivery and achieving business results.
- Both Strategic and Tactical, short and long term (thinks and does).
- Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions.
- Takes initiative, works with a sense of urgency, agile and adaptable. Resourceful.
GREAT PEOPLE / TEAMWORK:
- Champions belief that “none of us is as good as all of us” and consistently lives our values.
- Committed to the best outcome by bringing out the best in self and others, in part by recognizing achievements and valuing differences and feedback (giving and receiving).
- Initiates personal development and supports team development in the work.
- Fosters the culture of teamwork thru ownership and accountability.
- Maintains a positive attitude and work well in a collaborative environment – giving and receiving feedback on an ongoing basis.
- Diploma in Graphic Design (or equivalent).
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in graphic design and/or web design
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and acrobat as well as Microsoft Office and Google spreadsheets – all in a Mac environment
- Working knowledge of HTML an asset
- Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently and meet project deadlines with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills – collaborative, a team player
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task or shift between projects seamlessly
- Keen eye for detail – proofreading layouts, retouching photos, etc.
- Self-motivated – a problem solver, resourceful, able to work independently and as part of a team
- Receives and processes suggestions, corrections, and feedback professionally
- An interest in fashion and knowledge of current trends and techniques in graphic design
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Ricki’s is an equal opportunity employer. If chosen to participate in the selection process, accommodations are available upon request. We will consult with the applicant to provide or arrange suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
Please apply online or send your resume to email@example.com
February 17, 2017 • Written by Graphic Design
Vita Health Fresh Market
Junior Graphic Designer
You love working as part of a creative team, you have a production design mindset and a love for all things green. Does this describe you? VITA HEALTH FRESH MARKET, Winnipeg’s leading health food retailer, is looking for a Junior Graphic Designer. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, fluent in Adobe Creative Cloud, and have strong HTML and CSS skills. Combine this skillset with a love for natural health and you’re the perfect candidate!
- create consistent in-store signage, with direction from Marketing Manager
- create and optimize images for internal communications
- assist with reinforcing Vita Health as a brand
- creation of internal flyers and ads for print
- creation of digital ads, including social media campaigns
- creation of handouts for tradeshows and events
- create and optimize images for external communications
- maintain and update website as needed, with direction from Marketing Coordinator and Marketing Manager
- participate in set up of consumer and in-store events, work at events as needed
- Knowledge of social networking sites, blogs, video & photo sharing sites, etc.
- MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong time management skills
- Availability to work extended hours, including occasional evenings and weekends
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Proven design experienceVideo production / photography knowledge
- Knowledge of WordPress
Our mission is simple – empowering people to lead healthy lives. For 80 years Vita Health FRESH MARKET has been committed to sharing our healthy knowledge, helping our customers make informed choices and providing service of the highest quality. We strive to provide customers with the best quality natural health products and organic grocery. We choose local, organic, fair-trade and sustainably produced products whenever possible.
Submit your resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Jr. Graphic Designer” in the subject line. Deadline is Friday, March 3rd.
February 16, 2017 • Written by Graphic Design
EQ3 Furniture manufactures and retails modern home furnishings and accessories.
EQ3’s product offering includes, but is not limited to:
- Upholstered goods – sofas, chairs, sectionals, loveseats, ottomans etc.
- Casegoods – coffee and end tables, storage units, etc.
- Beds – upholstered bed frames, wood bed frames
- Bedroom furniture – dressers, chests, nightstands etc.
- Dining – Tables, chairs, stools
- Office – desks and chairs
- Accessories – tableware, clocks, mirrors, lighting, textiles etc.
- All product photography and post-production is executed by the in-house marketing and graphic design team.
Currently, we are in need of an additional resource to help process the imagery. We are looking to hire an individual on a term basis, with the potential for additional contract work in the future. This position may choose to work within our office environment, or remotely.
The ideal candidate will need to be proficient with Adobe Photoshop.
Typical retouching includes:
- General clean-up of environment
- Straightening edges and lines of products
- Closing gaps between cushions (upholstered goods)
- Rounding and smoothing corners (upholstered goods)
- Reducing wrinkles (upholstered goods)
- General colour correction
- Reduction/removal of reflections/glare (shiny or reflective objects: glassware, mirrors, etc.)
- Clipping products from background environment
Additional direction will be provided, as necessary.
Please submit a resume with contact information to Paul Buccini via e-mail: email@example.com
January 13, 2017 • Written by Graphic Design
We are looking for an energetic, creative, and driven employee who will thrive in a unique environment focused on creativity and innovation. (And when we say creative, we mean it! Just consider the fact that we employ a St. Bernard as our Director of Greetings and that will give you an idea of the kind of organization we are.) If you have a ton of new ideas and would like to gain experience with a progressive organization and award-winning marketing department, this position may be a great opportunity for you.
Reporting to the Director, Marketing and working alongside the marketing team, we are hiring:
Graphic Designer – 1 year term
Corporate Office, Selkirk
The Graphic Designer will take the creative lead for campaign development, assist with management of the Sunova, Brio Insurance, and Hubert Financial brands, and bring to life remarkable new designs for our internal and external marketing materials. Every last bit of our marketing material is designed and developed in-house so this is a great opportunity to work on a variety of projects across our family of brands. We’re looking for someone with a graphic design diploma, 2 – 5 years experience, and strong knowledge of all essential design software. In addition to typical designer attributes, we’re also looking for someone who is energetic and enthusiastic, someone who can persevere (and manage to have a few laughs!) when deadlines are looming, and, most importantly, someone who has the ability (and motivation!) to take a project and run with it.
Don’t get too hung up on the term ‘credit union’. We are one of the most innovative and progressive financial institutions in the province. Status quo is not in our vocabulary and the road less traveled is always our preference. And that is why we are looking for the very best to help us build and grow our brands.
Intrigued? If this opportunity sounds like a good fit, please submit your resume and cover letter and let us know why we should hire you no later than January 20.
Details at https://www.sunovacu.ca/join-the-team/were-hiring/
January 12, 2017 • Written by Graphic Design
MPG / Mondetta Clothing is looking for a tech-savvy individual with proven experience in website content development and management who can assist the e-commerce team in maintaining the company’s fashion websites. This applicant will apply their excellent web coding techniques while using their strong knowledge of web design and fashion trends to keep our brand ahead of the competition online.
- Proficient in HTML 5 / CSS 3
- Understands the responsive web environment and CSS media queries for different devices
- Has a keen eye for detail and is able to build clean and responsive designs based on provided themes
- Excellent troubleshooting, streamlining & problem solving skills in an information based environment
- Experience in an e-commerce environment is an asset, but can adapt to different Content Management Systems quickly
- Working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets, carefully managing data, effectively troubleshooting for errors and applying best practices is a requirement
- Can work in an organized manner, accurately and efficiently to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Can work in a Mac environment, but also knows the Windows environment where applicable
- Has good knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Is continually aware of changing trends in dynamic web features, functions and trends
- A keen sense of style, natural affinity to the fashion industry and a love of clothing is a strong asset!
Benefits include: life, health, dental, vision and performance based annual bonus.
PDF resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (Attn: Nish Verma)
September 8, 2016 • Written by Graphic Design
Designing Out Of Home advertising for our clients coast to coast. Pattison Outdoor Advertising is Canada’s largest Out Of Home Advertising provider with offices from Victoria to St. John’s and everywhere in between. Our head office is located in Mississauga, Ontario but our national creative department is right here in Winnipeg. We have a dozen designers creating concept to completion advertising for over 100 account executives and their clients across the country. It’s a fast paced environment with the broadest possible client base. Everything from local retail shops to multi-national corporations are on the menu every day. If you enjoy developing ads, this is the place for you. Having a good grasp of the English language is essential, having a good grasp of French is an attractive bonus but not necessary.
Location: Pattison Outdoor, 1 Portage Avenue East, Suite 100
How to Apply:
On the Web: http://pattisonoutdoor.com
Attention: Herman Bekkering
Pattison Outdoor Advertising
1 Portage Avenue East, Suite 100
Pioneer Avenue entrance
Winnipeg, MB R3B 3N3