December 19, 2017 • Written by Graphic Design
We are Winnipeg based company seeking an individual that is well-organized, self-motivated and a self-starter, has the ability to multi-task, and with a friendly and professional attitude.
As an in-house Graphics Designer, you will be given the opportunity to play a major role in the production and design of all aspects of our Graphics and Social Media.
- Design corporate marketing materials such as product catalogues, packaging, brochures, monthly incentives, forms and other.
- Development and creation of social media campaigns.
- Maintain and update company’s website.
- Develop and write copies for new products and promotional materials.
- Take product pictures, edit images and source stock photography for different projects based on requirements and needs.
- Excellent working knowledge of graphics and design fundamentals.
- High attention to detail.
- Able to work independently and in a small office setting.
- Organized with the ability to juggle multiple deadlines.
- Computer literate: Technical knowledge of related programs and computer software.
- Bilingual – French (an asset, not required)
Please send your application to email@example.com.
November 17, 2017 • Written by Graphic Design
Manitoba Centre of Health Policy at the University of Manitoba
Graphic Designer – Office Assistant 5 (AESES)
New Grant-Funded Continuing Full-Time
35.00 hours/week full time hours; monday to friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Salary Range: $24.52 – $31.10 per hour ($44626.40 to $56602.00 per annum)
Proposed Start Date: December 11, 2017
Trial/Probation Period: 840.00 hours
For more information, please contact:
Manitoba Centre for Health Policy
204-789-3769 or Shannon_Turczak@cpe.umanitoba.ca
- Works with Lead Research Coordinator, and Deliverables teams to design and prepare research reports, summaries, and other material for print and digital use.
- Conceives and develops information graphics (e.g., charts, diagrams, maps, icons) for use in documents, presentations, and online.
- Provides design and implementation advice and assistance; provides in-house technical support when necessary.
- Acts as “Webmaster” for MCHP, designs and manages updates to the website (RedDot), and liaises with other MCHP website publishers to coordinate updates.
- Liaises with Marketing and Communications staff regarding Faculty design and communication policies.
- Contributes to MCHP Communications Group, and the implementation of the MCHP’s Communications Strategy.
- Keeps up-to-date with technological changes in the fields of design and communications.
- Collaborates with Communications Officer to develop content for social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Supports communications for knowledge translation events designing invitations, agendas and promotional materials.
- Supports development and implementation of Public Engagement Strategy.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
- Completion of a formal training program in Graphic Design, Visual Communications or a related discipline is required.
- Four years of directly related experience in a graphic design studio or agency, or as an independent contractor of design and layout services required.
- Experience working with both print and web platforms is preferred.
- Experience in visualizing data and creating infographics is preferred.
- Knowledge and ability to create accessible graphics and communication materials is preferred.
- Experience with RedDot and other content management systems is an asset.
- Experience with Java/HTML5/CSS is an asset.
- Training and experience in web design using new media (video, audio, etc.) and interactive features (flash etc.) are assets.
- An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be proficient in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, basic HTML, color theory, print and web design, layout/conversion optimization.
- Proven graphic design and print layout skills are required.
- Strong visual ideation/creativity and typography skills are required.
- Proficiency in web publishing is required.
- Must be detail-oriented and have strong problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills are required.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Must be able to manipulate and enhance graphics and photos.
- Must be able to communicate orally and in written form effectively, as well as to advise on, develop, and present informational materials.
- Must be able to parse information and convey it in a meaningful and creative way.
- Must be able to transform scientific data into graphical design for a variety of audiences.
- Must be able to make sound independent judgments.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and also independently.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with various levels of internal and external contacts.
- Satisfactory work record, including satisfactory attendance and punctuality, is required.
Interested individuals may apply via the UM recruitment website here: http://umanitoba.ca/admin/human_resources/employment/employment_opportunities.html
Note: For quick access to this job posting, search for the requisition number: 00440