Artspace is hiring a Special Projects Associate
Conditions: This position is made available through the Canada Summer Works program; as such, eligible candidates must be full time students. The position is a term contract of 240 hours, which must be worked between June and August 2018 . The rate of pay is $13/h.
Job description: Summer at Artspace involves a variety of special events that require coordination. For example, Artspace will be hosting four Drayway Art Lounges throughout the summer. The Special Projects Associate (SPA) is expected to be available for these events, and others. Being located in the Exchange district, Artspace requires coordination of our participation in many are events (for example, the Fringe Festival). The SPA will work with event coordinators and artists to ensure successful partnership in these events.
The Special Projects Associate will also be tasked with an artistic project of their own creation, in order to boost the artistic nature of the building. The SPA will be expected to pitch the project to the Executive Director and be able to deliver it within the hours alloted, combined with the other tasked assigned.
The Special Projects Associate will report and work with the Executive on the tasks assigned.
Desired skills: understanding of visual arts, creativity, organization, experience in event planning, social media savy, flexibility, resourceful, capacity to work independently, capacity to work with others.
Assets, but not mandatory requirements include: bilingual, Serving it Smart certified.
Artspace encourages all interested candidates to apply. We value diversity as well as bilinguism, thus, applicants are encouraged to self-identify if they are member of a minority community and/or if they are bilingual (french and english).
Please send a resume and a letter of interest to:
425-100 Arthur Street
Winnipeg, Mb, R3B 1H3
Application deadline: Wednesday May 16th 2018
We’re a full-service, bilingual marketing, design, and communications firm. With the impact of a large agency and the soul of a boutique, we work with our clients to create meaningful and brilliant results.
You understand marketing and are a self-motivated creative genius who enjoys working in a team environment. You appreciate the strategic thinking that leads to great design, and you have the skills in web programming and print production that will enable you to work on a wide variety of projects.
If you are a versatile Graphic Designer with an engaging personality, we’d love to hear from you.
Send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 4, 2018
- minimum 2 years of experience
- skilled in web programming
- working knowledge of HTML5, CSS, PHP
- experience with WordPress
- familiar with Adobe Creative Suite
- expertise in use of social media
- solid communication skills
- attentive to detail, deadlines and high standards
- well-grounded, organized, collaborative problem-solver
- passionate about technology and design, and keen follower of trends and best practices
The Uniter is seeking an ambitious, experienced and focused individual to take over the layout and design of its physical newspaper on a weekly basis. The ideal candidate would have an enthusiasm for community storytelling and would enjoy a collaborative team-based workflow. This is an opportunity to practice and build on design skills with a non-profit independent publication.
The creative director must be available online throughout the week and be in the office to work Tuesdays and Wednesdays during the regular academic year (late-August to early December/January to April). This position pays $450/week, and is a part-time position with a time commitment of 16+ hours per week.
The successful applicant will receive training in late May for the Summer Festival Guide and begin their term in late August.
- Must hold a degree/diploma (or equivalent experience) in design
- Must have at least one to two years experience working in the field
- Comfortable using Adobe CS6 in a Mac OS environment
- Proficiency with InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Must be able to set a consistent workflow for a weekly print publication
- Ability to make, meet and enforce deadlines is crucial
- Clear communication skills, both in-person and digitally
- Must possess a sound understanding of layouts, typography and design principles
- Ability to multi-task, make decisions and work independently while acting with a high degree of integrity and professionalism
- Must feel confident in securing and maintaining volunteer graphic contributors for illustrations and comics
- Editorial design experience
- Ad design (print/online platforms)
- A working knowledge of Google docs
- A working knowledge of FTP servers
- Experience working with Content Management System
- General knowledge of the Web-offset printing process
- The successful applicant will be responsible for the overall design and final layout of the newspaper, in cooperation with the section editors and managing editor, on a weekly basis
- Responsible for maintaining the established Uniter brand consistently across all print and digital platforms
- Responsible for photo post-processing and correction
- Must plan and execute graphics/illustrations to accompany stories and/or assign illustration requests to volunteer contributors
- In conjunction with the Business Manager, must create/maintain all rate cards, sponsorship contracts, ad contracts, media kits, business stationery and advertising
- Some additional ad design may be required and paid accordingly
- Must attend editorial board and staff meetings
Interested parties should submit a resume including references, cover letter and a link to a digital portfolio by April 19 at 5:00 p.m. Application packages should be sent to managing editor, Anastasia Chipelski, at email@example.com or deliver resumes in person to:
ORM14 Bulman Centre
515 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3B 2E9
We thank all applicants, however only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
*Mouseland Press strives to be an equitable employer and will prioritize qualified applicants who belong to marginalized groups. Qualified applicants who study at or are alumni of The University of Winnipeg will also be given priority*
Bell Media/CTV Winnipeg
Video Graphic Artist
24 hours per week. Varying shifts, including evenings, weekends and holidays. Overtime and additional hours as required, especially during peak holiday periods.
Download the job description here.
December 19, 2017 • Written by Graphic Design
We are Winnipeg based company seeking an individual that is well-organized, self-motivated and a self-starter, has the ability to multi-task, and with a friendly and professional attitude.
As an in-house Graphics Designer, you will be given the opportunity to play a major role in the production and design of all aspects of our Graphics and Social Media.
- Design corporate marketing materials such as product catalogues, packaging, brochures, monthly incentives, forms and other.
- Development and creation of social media campaigns.
- Maintain and update company’s website.
- Develop and write copies for new products and promotional materials.
- Take product pictures, edit images and source stock photography for different projects based on requirements and needs.
- Excellent working knowledge of graphics and design fundamentals.
- High attention to detail.
- Able to work independently and in a small office setting.
- Organized with the ability to juggle multiple deadlines.
- Computer literate: Technical knowledge of related programs and computer software.
- Bilingual – French (an asset, not required)
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
November 17, 2017 • Written by Graphic Design
Manitoba Centre of Health Policy at the University of Manitoba
Graphic Designer – Office Assistant 5 (AESES)
New Grant-Funded Continuing Full-Time
35.00 hours/week full time hours; monday to friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Salary Range: $24.52 – $31.10 per hour ($44626.40 to $56602.00 per annum)
Proposed Start Date: December 11, 2017
Trial/Probation Period: 840.00 hours
For more information, please contact:
Manitoba Centre for Health Policy
204-789-3769 or Shannon_Turczak@cpe.umanitoba.ca
- Works with Lead Research Coordinator, and Deliverables teams to design and prepare research reports, summaries, and other material for print and digital use.
- Conceives and develops information graphics (e.g., charts, diagrams, maps, icons) for use in documents, presentations, and online.
- Provides design and implementation advice and assistance; provides in-house technical support when necessary.
- Acts as “Webmaster” for MCHP, designs and manages updates to the website (RedDot), and liaises with other MCHP website publishers to coordinate updates.
- Liaises with Marketing and Communications staff regarding Faculty design and communication policies.
- Contributes to MCHP Communications Group, and the implementation of the MCHP’s Communications Strategy.
- Keeps up-to-date with technological changes in the fields of design and communications.
- Collaborates with Communications Officer to develop content for social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Supports communications for knowledge translation events designing invitations, agendas and promotional materials.
- Supports development and implementation of Public Engagement Strategy.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
- Completion of a formal training program in Graphic Design, Visual Communications or a related discipline is required.
- Four years of directly related experience in a graphic design studio or agency, or as an independent contractor of design and layout services required.
- Experience working with both print and web platforms is preferred.
- Experience in visualizing data and creating infographics is preferred.
- Knowledge and ability to create accessible graphics and communication materials is preferred.
- Experience with RedDot and other content management systems is an asset.
- Experience with Java/HTML5/CSS is an asset.
- Training and experience in web design using new media (video, audio, etc.) and interactive features (flash etc.) are assets.
- An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be proficient in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, basic HTML, color theory, print and web design, layout/conversion optimization.
- Proven graphic design and print layout skills are required.
- Strong visual ideation/creativity and typography skills are required.
- Proficiency in web publishing is required.
- Must be detail-oriented and have strong problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills are required.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Must be able to manipulate and enhance graphics and photos.
- Must be able to communicate orally and in written form effectively, as well as to advise on, develop, and present informational materials.
- Must be able to parse information and convey it in a meaningful and creative way.
- Must be able to transform scientific data into graphical design for a variety of audiences.
- Must be able to make sound independent judgments.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and also independently.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with various levels of internal and external contacts.
- Satisfactory work record, including satisfactory attendance and punctuality, is required.
Interested individuals may apply via the UM recruitment website here: http://umanitoba.ca/admin/human_resources/employment/employment_opportunities.html
Note: For quick access to this job posting, search for the requisition number: 00440