August 29, 2017 • Written by Graphic Design
You are a Graphic Designer with 2-3 years’ experience, seeking an exciting career with a growing industry leader. You have a passion for making your ideas come to life while contributing to a wide variety of innovative projects. Are you up for the challenge?
DMT offers its employees the opportunity to have their voices heard while working on award-winning automotive software solutions for global manufacturers and dealerships. Our casual yet professional work environment provides a fun and challenging atmosphere and the opportunity to collaborate with some of the best minds in the industry.
We are committed to our team’s ongoing learning and continuous career growth and offer a competitive compensation package including comprehensive benefits, a company matched RRSP, flexible work schedule, and exciting team events.
The position involves…
- Designing and implementation of highest quality designs for the automotive industry, as well as for our in-house marketing needs
- Designing mostly web/application graphics with some print design all which involve producing: concepts, layouts, graphics and animations for websites and software applications, brochures, posters, and presentation graphics
- Work closely with a development team to provide graphics and animation files in the most efficient method for implementation
- Test projects locally, in test environments, and production to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Excellent creative problem solving, analysis, decision making, recommendation, estimation, and time management skills
- High attention to detail, proof reading, and quality assurance of creative assets in all client required platforms and environments
- Provide task time estimation to the Creative Technology Manager for design projects, with guidance from other team members if needed
- Review designs with Creative Technology Manager in preparation for final review as required.
- Actively participate in learning new techniques and technologies relating to Graphic Design.
- Documentation of graphic maintenance tasks
Our ideal candidate …
- Possesses a College Diploma or University Degree in Graphic Design
- Has 2-5 years of industry experience
- Has web design or application design experience
- Has in-depth knowledge of Adobe software specifically: Photoshop, Illustrator, Edge, InDesign, Acrobat, Premier, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Has experience with HTML, and CSS
- Has experience with image compression and SEO standards
- Has excellent organization, communication and listening skills
- Has excellent time management skills
- Is self-motivated; able to work well on their own and within a team environment
- Demonstrates a passion for continuous learning and improvement
- Bilingual-French (an asset, not required)
- Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
If you are ready for the challenge, please forward your resume to email@example.com. You can make a difference at DMT!
Not all artists are starving…
Sometimes you just want to have your cake and eat it too! Brandt is looking for an up-and-coming graphic designer with a serious appetite for great design, who also values excellent wages, an extensive benefits package, travel opportunities, continued education and room for career advancement. You will work as part of a strong in-house Branding and Creative Services team on a diverse range of projects from corporate and marketing collateral and events materials to large format graphics, print and online advertising and video.
To succeed at Brandt, you’ll need…
- A strong working knowledge of graphic design fundamentals.
- The highest level of attention to detail, coupled with your stellar creative abilities.
- Expert skills in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop on a Mac platform. (Knowledge of Microsoft Office, After-Effects, Premiere, and Sketchup will be an advantage.)
- The ability to manage a diverse workload.
- A diploma or undergraduate degree in Graphic Design and/or relevant experience.
View the complete job description at:
To apply, please send your resume and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
Friends and Family Night – Wednesday May 3 // 10 am to 8 pm
Industry Night – Thursday May 4 // 5 pm
Design Store will be open both evenings.
See our Grad portfolios at: http://2017.rrcdesignshow.ca/
January 23, 2017 • Written by Graphic Design
January 12, 2017 • Written by Graphic Design
All 13 students in the Graphic Design Advanced program flew to Toronto to attend the Design Thinkers Conference November 3 & 4. The students put togerther a video explaining why they wanted to come and won one of four $500 scholarships to put towards their cost.
DesignThinkers delves into industry trends with visionaries from a range of communications-related disciplines including design, user experience, advertising, branding, consumer engagement, film, social media and entrepreneurship. Sessions teach delegates how to create effective communications by exploring cutting-edge innovation, the latest technology, demographic and ethnographic trends, strategic management techniques, cognitive theory and much more.
February 5, 2016 • Written by Graphic Design
Graphic Design Advanced student Hely Schumann is this year’s Gillespie Award winner. Listen to Hely talk about her experience in our program in our new video.
Bruce Gillespie was an instructor at Red River College from 1989 until illness in 2007 left
him unable to continue teaching. Bruce left this mortal world in the spring of 2008 at the age of 57.
Over the course of his two decades at RRC, he crossed paths with hundreds of aspiring graphic designers, as a teacher, mentor, big brother and friend. In addition to teaching, Bruce is best remembered by most people for his encyclopedic knowledge of music, for his incredible album collection, and his own musical ability.
Application for the award is in the form of a poster that reflects on the marriage of music and art; collecting, giving, sharing, remembering and passion.
Previous winners are:
2014 Réanne Chamberland
2013 Steve Ramos
2012 Christian Gilbang
2011 Sam Giesbrecht
2010 Madison Zyluk
2009 Marie Hart
2008 Melissa Archer