Six Convenient Ways to Register
Acceptance for courses is on a first-come, first-served basis. Seats are limited, so register early!
Register for Red River College’s part-time courses and workshops quickly and easily through the College’s website.
- Select your program/course(s) from the Continuing Education catalogue.
- Add course(s) to the cart, proceed to checkout and follow screens to complete the process.
- A confirmation page will appear once you’ve successfully completed your registration. You will also receive an email confirmation to the address you provided.
New Students: Your WebAdvisor user ID and password will be mailed to you within the next three to five business days following your registration. Find out more about WebAdvisor account.
Returning Students: If you consult WebAdvisor for your registration confirmations they will now be displayed one business day after your registration.
Notre Dame Campus
Visit: Student Service Centre (Building D – Room D101) or Building C – Room C116
Exchange District Campus
Visit: Student Service Centre (Main Floor – P104)
When: Hours of Operation
Payment: Visa or MasterCard, Cheque or money order, debit card, or cash
Call: 204.694.1789 or 1.866.242.7073
When: Hours of Operation
Payment: Visa or MasterCard
When: 24 hours a day
Payment: Visa or MasterCard
Tip: Complete the registration form ahead of time!
How: Have your employer fax or mail the authorization form to the address listed in item 6 below.
Payment: College will invoice employer/agency
Tip: Confirmation mailed to student
Payment: Cheque, money order, VISA, or MasterCard. No cash.
Send the registration form to:
School of Continuing Education Office
C116 – 2055 Notre Dame Ave.
Winnipeg, MB R3H 0J9
Payment: Visa, MasterCard, or Cheque or money order. No cash.
When registering by mail, fax, or telephone do so 10 days prior to your class start date to ensure your registration receipt (containing important class information) is mailed and received before your first class.
- Fees are shown in the course listings. Fees include a non-refundable $40 administration fee and a Students’ Association Fee (Distance learning courses do not included a Student Association Fee). Most courses are GST exempt.
- If GST is applicable, it will be included in the fee.
- Full payment of fees is required at the time of registration.
- Do not send cash in the mail.
- Post-dated cheques are not accepted.
Distance Learning Courses
- Unless noted otherwise, course fees include all costs, including course material, textbooks, and long distance charges.
- Videotapes, collections of readings, etc. are loaned to students and must be returned before transcripts are mailed.
- Courses vary as to items and services provided.
Confirmation of Registration
- Fax or voicemail registrations will be confirmed by telephone within three working days, and a receipt will be mailed to you.
- Please retain your registration receipts. They contain information about your course start date, classroom location, course prerequisites and parking information. It’s confirmation of your payment!
- Distance Delivery term courses: five to seven working days before term start date
- Partial refunds are available for courses (17 hours or more) up to the day before the start of the second class. For workshops (16 hours or less), partial refunds are available 8 days prior to the first class.
- Request to drop your course must be submitted in writing. Click here for a form (online and printable version) or you can submit your request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Partial refunds are available if request is made within 10 days from the start of course.
- Refunds will be processed when the office receives your entire course package in its original condition. Materials must be returned to our office within two business days of the request.
- Refund amount will be the course fee less the following (where applicable):
- cost of any portion of course package (including textbooks, materials, videotapes, readings, etc.), not returned in its original condition.
- cost of shipping
- cost of assignments marked
- cost of telephone and instructional charges incurred for teleconference and tutorial calls
General Refund Policies
- Refunds are subject to an administration fee.
- Refunds will be issued in the same form as payment; cash refunds and debit card purchases will be paid by cheque.
- All refund requests are now being processed through a centralized system. Approved refunds will be processed within 15 business days. During peak periods — Fall and Winter term starts — refunds will be processed within four weeks.
- Original receipts must be presented for refund requests of non-tuition items (parking, fitness classes, tests, etc.)
Distance Delivery Extension Policy
If, due to unforeseen circumstances, you cannot complete your self-directed course by the designated end date (identified on your Registration Statement), you may request an eight-week extension of your studies, with payment of $75. You must make these arrangements three weeks prior to the course end date and there is only one extension allowed per course. Extensions are not allowed on term courses.
Cancellation of Class
- The College reserves the right to cancel a course.
- Fees and course details are subject to change.
- Unforeseen events may require a course cancellation.
Please note that we will require your credit card information in order to process the surcharge as your original payment information is encrypted.
Students registering for Distance Learning courses from outside of North America are subject to a surcharge of 40%. All tuition is paid in Canadian dollars and course materials are shipped by Air Mail.
Students who register online should send an email to email@example.com giving us permission to process the 40% surcharge using the same method of payment that was used for their web registration.
It is recommended that students have a high-speed Internet connection as some courses may require download of memory-intensive material.