What is a business conference?
A business conference is an event where business people gather to learn, network, and exchange ideas. What makes the Red River College Directions Conference unique is that it pairs current industry professionals, and students together to help foster networking for future career path planning.
Why would you as a student want to take a day out of your classes and attend a business conference?
Here are a few reasons:
- Meet people from the industry in which you want to work
- Learn what is needed to be successful in your profession
- Create contacts for future employment
- Gain valuable experience by participating in a professional conference for a student rate
Looking for tips on how to prepare?
Visit The Red Carpet Blog’s Professional Perspective series, Directions Conference edition, where industry professionals provide their insight on various employment-related topics:
- What should students do to prepare for networking events like the Directions Conference?
- What should students do during networking events like the Directions Conference?
- Why register for the 2018 Directions Conference?