The Roundtable Networking Event provides business delegates a unique opportunity to network with Red River College students, while sharing career experiences. The event consists of four sessions, each with a new group of students, and an instructor/moderator to facilitate the discussion with the students. The “roundtable host” might talk about their own career journey, important skills students need to meet career objectives, and opportunities that exist in within a field or industry.
Since many of our roundtable “hosts” have a broad base of experience is several areas, we ask each “host” to identify both their primary, as well as secondary areas of expertise, thus helping our students in selecting their “roundtables”.
What to expect
- Take a seat at the table of your choice. (If fully occupied, go to your next choice of table)
- Instructor Moderator will introduce the host, and facilitate discussion.
- Roundtable Host introduction
- Roundtable Host career discussion (career path, positions, responsibilities)
- Students’ opportunity to ask questions.
- What does it take to be successful in their field?
- Potential discussion of position types with the organization
|12:00 to 1:00 pm||Lunch and Networking|
|12:30 to 1:30 pm||‘LinkedIn’ Photo Booth* & Visit Exhibitor Booths|
|1:30 to 1:35 pm||Welcome to Roundtables|
|1:35 to 2:00 pm||Discussion at Roundtable session 1|
|2:05 to 2:30 pm||Discussion at Roundtable session 2|
|2:35 to 3:00 pm||Discussion at Roundtable session 3|
|3:05 to 3:30 pm||Final discussion at Roundtable session 4|
|3:30 pm||Roundtable Wrap-up and Thank you|
* Make sure to sign up for a time to get a photo taken. Photos are being taken from 12:30 – 1:30 pm and 3:30 – 4:30 pm
The following is a list of the companies and organizations that will be represented during the roundtable sessions.
Note: This list is subject to change.
Finance and Accounting
- The City of Winnipeg
- CPA Manitoba Joint Ventures
- Bokhaut Chartered Accountant Inc.
- Canada Revenue Agency
- Exchange Chartered Accountants
- Enns Brothers
- Office of the Auditor General – Manitoba
- Government of Canada
- Kleyse Group LP
- Manitoba Hydro
- BMO Bank of Montreal
- Credit Aid
- Investors Group
- Cambrian Credit Union
- Freedom 55 Financial
- Sun Life Financial
- Credential Financial Inc.
HR and Administration
- Red River College
- Robert Hill Management Resources
- Manitoba Jobs and the Economy
- Red River Valley School Division
- Southern Health
Communication and Marketing
- Film Training Manitoba
- Modern Earth
- The Forks
- Metric Marketing
- The Creative Bullpen
- Primetime Promotions
Journalism and Publishing
- CTV Winnipeg
- McGraw-Hill Education
- Pearson Ed
- Performance Above Potential
- Summit Search Group
- Citigroup CitiFinancial Canada
- Commtech Office Solutions (Xerox Canada)
- Western Financial Group
- Nelson Education
- Harbourfront Wealth Management
- Enterprise Holdings
- Hollow Reed Holistic
- Economic Development Winnipeg
- Garriok Insurance
- Futurepreneur Canada
- Booster Juice
- Herd North America
- Workers Compensation Board
- Bit Space Development
- Canadian Tire
- Online Business Systems
- ISACA Winnipeg Chapter
- Museum of Human Rights
- Children’s Museum
- Marion Street Eatery
- Triple B’s Scurfield Blvd.
- Tourism Winnipeg
- Hampton Inn
- Currier Event Management