Applied research and funding opportunities will be posted here as they become available. Please contact us if you are interested in applying for any of these opportunities or with one you have identified yourself. We will be glad to assist with the preparation of any and all grant or fund applications.
Do you think your research has commercial potential? If so, please read over the Invention Disclosure Form, and make an appointment to see us to discuss your invention. You do not have to fill out the Invention Disclosure Form prior to meeting with Applied Research, however, you should be prepared to answer the questions, as they will be asked during your disclosure meeting.
Check out the Applied Research flowchart for an explanation of the Applied Research commercialization process.
Applied Research has developed a Researcher’s Guide. It can be downloaded as a pdf file, either with the appended policies, or without.
- AR&C Researcher Guide – Abridged Draft 2015
- CIHR Institute of Genetics Guidebook for New Principal Investigators
Policies and Procedures
Red River College has developed a series of policies and procedures that apply to several research areas. Those that are directed at research are (click on the policy name to download that policy as a pdf file):
- Intellectual Property and Copyright (pdf format)
- Research Involving Human Subjects (pdf format)
- Integrity in Research and Scholarship (pdf format)
- Animal Care and Research (pdf format)
- Conflict of Interest in Research (pdf format)
- Student Rights in the Conduct of Research (pdf format)
- Research in the Yukon, North West Territories, and Nunavut (pdf format) and
- Research Involving Biohazards and Radioactive Materials (pdf format)
- Applied Research Administration (pdf format)
- Approval to Forward an Application for Research Funds to an External Sponsor (pdf format)
- Recovery Costs of Research (pdf format)