There are five main steps for Applied Research & Innovation Day:
Step 1. Submit Registration Form
- Complete this online registration form
- Registration Form Deadline: February 25, 2018
- We will inform you if your proposal has been accepted before the month of March, and provide further instructions
Step 2. Submit Poster
- Poster Deadline: March 20, 2018
- All accepted teams will have to design a research poster
- Review the 2018 student poster requirements
Step 3. Prepare a PowerPoint Presentation
- This is an optional feature of the event, but highly recommended for those who intend to compete for cash prizes and 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place.
- This is the 2-3 minute presentation that you will be pitching to judges who will be grading your project. Remember, the top four projects have the chance to present during the industry luncheon Quick Pitch Competition, with a chance to win over $3,000 in cash prizes
- PowerPoint Deadline: Monday, March 12, 2018
- Download the PowerPoint presentation guidelines
Step 4. Attend Quick Pitch Training
- This is also an optional feature of the event, but highly recommended for those who intend to compete for cash prizes and 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place.
- Bring your completed PowerPoint to practice your presentation at one of four Quick Pitch Training sessions that will be held in mid-March.
- We will hold two training sessions at each the Notre Dame Campus and Exchange District Campus. We will send you details closer to the date.
- Experienced marketing and business professionals will provide you with feedback on your presentation to improve your chances of winning!
Step 5. Enjoy Applied Research & Innovation Day!
- We will print your finalized poster for you, and it will be waiting for you at a designated booth on April 5, 2018.
- Important: make sure to bring your PowerPoint on a USB stick.
- Bring any display items that you want for your booth. We will send more details about your booth and setup details closer to the event.
- We are working to provide computer monitors for all teams, and will confirm that with registered teams at a later date.