Guide to Complete the Transfer Credit Request Form

Prior to submitting the Transfer Credit Request Form, please ensure that you’ve followed these steps:

  • Compare and match course(s) from your previous education with Red River College course(s). Students need to know and be able to apply the learning outcomes of the course(s) for which credit is awarded.
  • Review Policy A15 (Transfers between RRC Programs) and Policy A16 (Transfer of Credits to RRC Programs from Other Post-Secondary Institutions).
  • Note the date (i.e., the year) the course was completed. RRC Policy A15 states that to be used for transfer credit, the course must be completed within the past five years (eight years for Continuing Education).
  • You will be notified by email of the results of your transfer credit requests. You can also check on HUB to view updates to your student transcript. Ensure your email address on HUB is up-to-date.
  • Complete the Transfer Credit Request Form with accurate personal information and all relevant information as stated in the example on Page 2.
  • Submit an official transcript(s) in a sealed envelope or request that it be sent directly from the post-secondary institution.


  • Official transcript was submitted as part of enrolment process for program currently attending.
  • Ensure all grades from other institutions are a minimum of ‘C’. Note: Some programs require a higher standard of proficiency for transfer credit.
  • For transfer of grades between RRC programs: Ensure grades from RRC meet or exceed the grade required for a pass in the program into which it is being transferred.
  • Submit detailed, official course outlines/course objectives that are representative of the course(s) during the period of time the course(s) was completed. Course outline/course objectives should be submitted in English. If the original is not in English, you are required to submit a copy of both the original and the notarized translation.
  • Attend classes until your request(s) has been officially approved.  
  • Sign, date and submit the Transfer Credit Request Form and supporting documents to the Student Service Centre (D101 or P104 EDC), Continuing Education Office (C116), or the applicable regional campus and pay the assessment fee, if required.