If students will be absent or late they are to contact the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services
Students can contact the coordinator directly by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students are responsible for the following:
- Find a classmate to take notes during lectures so that focusing on the interpreters is easier. Carbon paper is available
- Direct any questions about course content to your instructors
- Request copies of lecture notes, handouts, or overheads from your instructors
- Book or cancel a class, tutor session, meeting, presentation or other activities.
- Inform Deaf & Hard of Hearing Services of any absence such as illness or an appointment
- Book interpreters or note takers for activities outside of your regular schedule 48 hours in advance of the date needed to ensure service.
- Become familiar with the role of the ASL-English interpreter or computerized note takers and how to use services
For more information on student responsibilities when requesting accommodations, please see the Student Handbook.